Land Pride 3rd Function Valve Install on Kubota L3800HST

RobD70

Equipment
Kubota L3800 HST, Land Pride PR1672 Power Rake, Land Pride BB2572 Box Scraper
Feb 22, 2014
Marathon, WI
I recent ordered a Land Pride SGC1060 grapple and a Land Pride 3rd function valve kit to go with it. Both will be going on my Kubota L3800 HST tractor. I am pricing the installation of this valve and have a question. Looking online at the installation instructions, it says they were written with the assumption the tractor did not have rear remotes or a backhoe. My tractor does have 1 set or rear remotes. What is the difference between between the installation instructions for tractors with remotes and without them? Is there some sort of special fittings that will be needed or what? My dealer seems a bit high on what they want to install this as the service manager also saw this note on the instructions and is not sure of what will be different for my tractor with remotes. Any help here is appreciated.

djm1204

Equipment
L4600 HST, FEL, Root Rake, Land Pride Grapple, Two way radio
Aug 11, 2014
Dunnellon, FL, USA
May I ask how much does the 3rd function valve cost to purchase ? Install ?

Not trying to be too nosy - I am thinking I will want both with my tractor and just trying to get a grip on what everything is going to wind up costing.

Thanks

Dan

RobD70

Equipment
Kubota L3800 HST, Land Pride PR1672 Power Rake, Land Pride BB2572 Box Scraper
Feb 22, 2014
Marathon, WI
May I ask how much does the 3rd function valve cost to purchase ? Install ?

Not trying to be too nosy - I am thinking I will want both with my tractor and just trying to get a grip on what everything is going to wind up costing.

Thanks

Dan
The 3rd function valve cost me $705 and the SCG1060 grapple was $2284. Both are Land Pride. We are still hashing over the install cost. Dealer told me $450 for installing the 3rd function as it comes and $700 to add the hoses up to the grapple to make it operational. We are still trying to find out what the difference is, if any between having rear remotes on the tractor and not having them in regards to installation. I may have somebody else do the install, not sure yet.

Rob

Tweetybrun

Equipment
L 3200 Tractor Loader B/H RTV x1100c Grand L 4060 FL 805, BH 9.2
Jul 28, 2014
Hancock New York
The 3rd function valve cost me $705 and the SCG1060 grapple was $2284. Both are Land Pride. We are still hashing over the install cost. Dealer told me $450 for installing the 3rd function as it comes and $700 to add the hoses up to the grapple to make it operational. We are still trying to find out what the difference is, if any between having rear remotes on the tractor and not having them in regards to installation. I may have somebody else do the install, not sure yet.

Rob
Will the hoses to the grapple be mixed hard lines and hoses ? The original lines to the FLA are mixed hard lines- hoses. That's what you should duplicate. Check with the installer. You do not want to mess up a really neat original installation with hoses plastic tied to the frame of the FLA. Not to mention they will be subject to damage.