Land Pride 3rd Function Valve Adjustments

RobD70

Equipment
Kubota L3800 HST, Land Pride PR1672 Power Rake, Land Pride BB2572 Box Scraper
Feb 22, 2014
Marathon, WI
ok.. I just got a Land Pride SGC1060 grapple and the 380-153M 3rd function valve for my L3800HST. Just got it all hooked up. The grapple moves slower than molasses. But if you hit the lever for the rear remotes while running the grapple, it picks up some speed. Whe I picked up the tractor after the dealer installed the 3rd function valve, the service tech said the flow rate increased a quite a bit by hitting that lever while running the 3rd function valve. Shouldnt it be the same flow rate ? Why would it change from moving the remotes lever? On the side of the 3rd function valve body, there is a couple allen head bolts or plugs. They appear to line up with the hydraulic lines coming out the top and down to the grapple. Could these be adjustments for the flow? I realize the tractor dont have a high flow rate to start with, but something jsut dont seem right.

Rob

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
There does not appear to be any adjustment to that valve, just on or off.

I would like to see where they hooked the supply lines up to, sounds like something is plumbed wrong! ;)

RobD70

Equipment
Feb 22, 2014
Marathon, WI
There does not appear to be any adjustment to that valve, just on or off.

I would like to see where they hooked the supply lines up to, sounds like something is plumbed wrong! ;)
Yeah, I think they got something wrong to. What makes me the maddest is this was the first 3rd function they installed and would not call Land Pride to make sure they got it right. I looked before I took the tractor up there. There is a line that goes from the loader controls, down under the right side footboard and up toa block under the right side of the seat to the block my rear remotes are plumbed from. Then a line from that block comes down to the port on the block under the right side footboard marked with a green dot. They put a T in the line from the loader controls, right under the footboard that the line from the 3rd function is hooked into. They also should have a 90 degree elbow on the end of the line from the 3rd function that hooks into the T, so there isnt such a big loop of hose sticking out. I will need some sort of guard or shield to protect the hoses now. Worst part is, I havent had much luck with this service department, and have had some "disagreements". They know Im not at all happy with them either. If I need to take it back to get it plumbed right and they try to charge me more to fix their mistake, I will blow up.

Jim L.

Jun 18, 2014
Texas
Man, sorry about that problem.

The Front Hydraulic Block, under your brake pedals and HST pedal, is the main point for hydraulic connections. Looking at the face, you should see three ports. The Northeast is "to valves", Southeast "from valves", and Northwest "from valves".

Every valve should be in series following the Northeast port. First the front stuff, then the third function, and then back to the rear. Third function to rear through a 90 elbow close to the Front Hydraulic Block for the reasons you know.

Front stuff return to Southeast. Rear stuff return to Northwest.

If you could sketch the "to/ pressure" lines and the "from/ return" lines I bet NI Wolfman could nail this.

Kennyd4110

Vendor Member
Sep 7, 2013
Westminster, MD
www.boltonhooks.com
Sounds to me like they Tee'd in the new solenoid valve and not put it in series like its supposed to be.

Can you get some pics of the plumbing? Either way it needs to be returned for them to make it correct.

Edit: I just reread your second post...they can not use Tee's on high pressure lines as the fluid will take the path of least resistance and that's through the other valve. It is installed wrong, no if, ands, or butts about it.
Did they at least use proper steel Tee's or are they regular plumbing ones from Home Cheapot?

Last edited:

RobD70

Equipment
Feb 22, 2014
Marathon, WI
Man, sorry about that problem.

The Front Hydraulic Block, under your brake pedals and HST pedal, is the main point for hydraulic connections. Looking at the face, you should see three ports. The Northeast is "to valves", Southeast "from valves", and Northwest "from valves".

Every valve should be in series following the Northeast port. First the front stuff, then the third function, and then back to the rear. Third function to rear through a 90 elbow close to the Front Hydraulic Block for the reasons you know.

Front stuff return to Southeast. Rear stuff return to Northwest.

If you could sketch the "to/ pressure" lines and the "from/ return" lines I bet NI Wolfman could nail this.

Ok guys, thanks for the help. I tried to label the lines and got some pictures. I uploaded them with a description to photobucket. You can see them by clicking on the link below. Hopefully we can get this figured out.

http://s897.photobucket.com/user/Ro...3rd Fuction And Hydraulic Lines?sort=3&page=1

Kennyd4110

Vendor Member
Sep 7, 2013
Westminster, MD
www.boltonhooks.com
I've already figured it out...its plumbed incorrectly. You cannot have the Tee's on the PB lines, the new valve MUST be plumbed in series on that PB line, and now it's in parallel. It just ain't gonna work properly that way. Your 3PH and rear remote will not operate correctly now either as they are now in parallel with the new valve.

Last edited:

Jim L.

Jun 18, 2014
Texas
Kenny got there faster.

Looking at your front loader picture, the orange line at 3 o'clock is the "to / pump", and the white at the bottom is the "return / tank". The line at 9 o'clock is the "power beyond" and appears to be your "1P" line.

The Tee in the 1P line is the problem.

Not clear to me if 1P is one of the RR lines but looks to be.

If you sketch yourself a diagram you'll see what we mean.

If the 3rd function valve does not have a power beyond port they'll have to add something to rid the parallel connection.

If it were my shop I'd want to crawl under a rock. No need to go nuclear with them.

RobD70

Equipment
Feb 22, 2014
Marathon, WI
I've already figured it out...its plumbed incorrectly. You cannot have the Tee's on the PB lines, the new valve MUST be plumbed in series on that PB line, and now it's in parallel. It just ain't gonna work properly that way. Your 3PH and rear remote will not operate correctly now either as they are now in parallel with the new valve.

I cant hardly wait to see what the dealer does. They cut that long line to put the T in it, so thats one thing they will have to replace. The 3rd function valve coems in a kit that has the fittings and hydraulic lines that run to near the end of the loader arms. If they indeed acknowledge they did it wrong, They better not try to charge to make it right and should give me money back for fittings they got that was not needed and the labor I was charged for in doing that work. I have a feeling it wont go good. I sent the service manager a email with contact info for the Land Pride service manager to call or contact with questions. Nope, never called or emailed, even though they never installed a 3rd function valve. I was boiling mad Friday when I picked it up and its only going to get worse having to load the tractor back up to take it up there again because they screwed up...again. 2nd time having them do some install work, and 2nd time they got it wrong.

RobD70

Equipment
Feb 22, 2014
Marathon, WI
Kenny got there faster.

Looking at your front loader picture, the orange line at 3 o'clock is the "to / pump", and the white at the bottom is the "return / tank". The line at 9 o'clock is the "power beyond" and appears to be your "1P" line.

The Tee in the 1P line is the problem.

Not clear to me if 1P is one of the RR lines but looks to be.

If you sketch yourself a diagram you'll see what we mean.

If the 3rd function valve does not have a power beyond port they'll have to add something to rid the parallel connection.

If it were my shop I'd want to crawl under a rock. No need to go nuclear with them.

The RR lines come out of that block under the right side of the seat and go right to the back to a bracket with quick connects on for my rear remotes. 1P goes into that block on the front side, kind of below the RR.
How nuclear I go, depends on how this is handled. It is about 20 miles each way to the dealer. Now I will have 2 extra trips there to get it fixed right. They installed a down pressure kit on my post hole digger and got it wrong, and something simple to. Took it back up there on a Saturday morning (just picked it up that friday) thinking it would be done Monday morning right away. I got it back 2 1/2 weeks later, then I dropped it off at 9:30am, he said about 2 hours maybe....so I left and came back at almost noon....not done. Got it done shortly after 1:00. Funny because after that I bet I had 6-8 people tell me their service department really went down hill when the guy who had been service manager left about 6 months ago afgter being there over 20 years. Im finding out the hard way.

Kennyd4110

Vendor Member
Sep 7, 2013
Westminster, MD
www.boltonhooks.com
Rob, maybe it's time to find a new dealer, or learn to do the wrenching yourself. Spending hard earned money to only get frustrated is not good for your health...

I wouldn't give them a third chance to screw up and make me even more :mad:

RobD70

Equipment
Feb 22, 2014
Marathon, WI
Rob, maybe it's time to find a new dealer, or learn to do the wrenching yourself. Spending hard earned money to only get frustrated is not good for your health...

I wouldn't give them a third chance to screw up and make me even more :mad:
Worst part is the next closest Kubota dealer is at least twice the distance away. I would probably still buy from them as the sales guy has been good and helpful. Nice guy to. Will see how it goes. I will get the store manager involved in this to, so he is aware of things if the service department done take care of the problem satisfactorily

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Ouch sorry they messed that one up!
It should have been a simple hook up! :confused:
Hope they make it right for you! ;)

RobD70

Equipment
Feb 22, 2014
Marathon, WI
Ouch sorry they messed that one up!
It should have been a simple hook up! :confused:
Hope they make it right for you! ;)

You guys were right, it is not plumbed correctly. Got the scoop on how it should be from the land pride service guys and its a easy install. The dealer needs to put everything back to just how it was before the attempted install, then do it how it should of been from the start. It goes up to the dealer after work tomorrow. I will print the pictures and email from land pride and show them just how easy it would of been, IF they would of called Land Pride to make sure of how it had to be done to start with like they should of done, being their first time installing it. Will let you know how it goes.