Land pride 3010 bush hog

Junior390

Equipment
M8560, L3400
Aug 16, 2013
East Texas
Anyone have any experience with this 10' pull style cutter? I'm thinking seriously of purchasing one pretty soon. They look very well built. Also I'll pulling it with my 8560...I'm guessing it should have plenty of power for that cutter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
I have a 3008 cutter and it's a very weld built unit. Bought it in 02 and have no complaints what so ever.

If you are looking at buying new I'll make a couple of suggestions. I'm assuming your looking at a 3pt model. If not some of this doesn't apply. Get the heavy duty axle. Hydraulic not required but it does make it nice. Get at least a single row of chains front and rear. If you don't have a loader plan on needing 600 lbs of suit case weights at least, maybe more.

I believe you will have enough power, may have to run slow in real heavy grass. If it makes you feel any better I pull a 15' batwing with my M9000. In heavy grass it loads up but clipping pastures you don't even know it's back there. Hope this helps.

Junior390

Equipment
M8560, L3400
Aug 16, 2013
East Texas
Thanks for the info bulldog! It is a pull type not the 3 point. I stopped by to take another look yesterday. The dealer said it would handle the mower with ease. Being the seller, that's what expected I him to say. Most of the mowing will be overgrown fields that I haven't kept up in the last few years. A few small sweet gum and persimmon saplings here and there. Nothing bigger than 2". There was only 200$ in the 2510 medium duty and 3010 heavy duty. I'm sending the wife today to go ahead seal the deal while I'm out of town working.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Junior390, I guess I should have read better and noticed you were talking about Land Pride implements. Mine is a Bushhog brand but they are built very similar to each other. I still think you will be very satisfied with that cutter. From what I understand LP makes a quality product. I looked at the specs for the 3010 and it's impressive. I always look at the blade tip speed and this one is pretty high. Should have a nice quality cut. I'll be interested to get your opinion on the cutter when you get it. Thanks, Bulldog.

TripleR

Equipment
BX2200, BX2660, L5740 HSTC, M8540HDC and some other tractors and equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
We are on our fourth year of pulling a Woods DS1260 which is very similar to that model LP. Our M8540 pulls it quite easily and we use it in some pretty rough conditions with heavy brush and in hills, you should have no problems.

Attachments

Junior390

Equipment
M8560, L3400
Aug 16, 2013
East Texas
Thanks TripleR! My wife bought the LP today and it will be delivered on Monday! Can't wait!!

BotaDriver

Equipment
L3800dt
May 15, 2013
North GA
Junior390, I guess I should have read better and noticed you were talking about Land Pride implements. Mine is a Bushhog brand but they are built very similar to each other. I still think you will be very satisfied with that cutter. From what I understand LP makes a quality product. I looked at the specs for the 3010 and it's impressive. I always look at the blade tip speed and this one is pretty high. Should have a nice quality cut. I'll be interested to get your opinion on the cutter when you get it. Thanks, Bulldog.
Blade tip speed is important for a quality cut, and with those larger decks it can get loaded up quick and slow down. Rear cutters are certainly not built similarly. The details do matter. As cutter speed increases, the power it needs to stay at speed under load goes up considerably! A 50% increase in speed requires 125% more power.

TripleR

Equipment
BX2200, BX2660, L5740 HSTC, M8540HDC and some other tractors and equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
Thanks TripleR! My wife bought the LP today and it will be delivered on Monday! Can't wait!!

I think you'll really like it, we have two LP cutters and really like them, we use an RCR2672 on our L5740 cutting the same stuff as the M8540 and DS1260.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Blade tip speed is important for a quality cut, and with those larger decks it can get loaded up quick and slow down. Rear cutters are certainly not built similarly. The details do matter. As cutter speed increases, the power it needs to stay at speed under load goes up considerably! A 50% increase in speed requires 125% more power.
I don't understand what you are trying to say. The LP cutter and the BH cutter in this case are very similar in design and specs. If you compair the 10' BH cutter they are almost exactly the same other than the fact the Bushhog cutters are heavier than the LP cutters are.

BotaDriver

Equipment
L3800dt
May 15, 2013
North GA
I don't understand what you are trying to say. The LP cutter and the BH cutter in this case are very similar in design and specs. If you compair the 10' BH cutter they are almost exactly the same other than the fact the Bushhog cutters are heavier than the LP cutters are.
My comment is in relation to cutters and their specs and blade tip speed in general. Not in direct comparison of those 2 cutters. Like when discussing the 8' vs a 5'. There is a difference between them of 35% or so depending on MFG.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Got it BotaDriver and I fully agree with you about the blade tip speed. I learned the hard way about a cutter with slow speed, never was happy with the way it cut.

Junior390

Equipment
M8560, L3400
Aug 16, 2013
East Texas
Tried the new land pride 3010 out today...wow! It's a beast compared to what I was used to. Mows great, super smooth, and handled everything I could throw it at in the 2 hrs I mowed with it.