LA844 manual and/or specs

philb1010

Equipment
May 18, 2019
Georgia
Does anybody know where I could get the operator's manual for the LA844 FEL and/or the specs? I can't seem to find them on the Kubota website or anywhere else.

philb1010

Equipment
May 18, 2019
Georgia
Hi, thanks. I have asked a dealer but they don't have them since they don't have those loaders in stock, understandable since they're not the newest model. Yes, I know I could buy the manual from somewhere like ebay but I mainly just want to see the specs as I'm comparing it to other loaders.

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
Does anybody know where I could get the operator's manual for the LA844 FEL and/or the specs? I can't seem to find them on the Kubota website or anywhere else.
Go to the dealer armed with a USB stick.

They have access to every manual and can, sometimes, for free, give you a pdf file. Some charge... be nice. Talk to someone more senior than parts.

Dave

wgator

Equipment
L4701HST, FEL and other stuff.
Jul 28, 2018
NC
Hi, thanks. I have asked a dealer but they don't have them since they don't have those loaders in stock, understandable since they're not the newest model. Yes, I know I could buy the manual from somewhere like ebay but I mainly just want to see the specs as I'm comparing it to other loaders.
Try THIS LINK to a PDF file of the LA844 specs.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Go to the dealer armed with a USB stick.

They have access to every manual and can, sometimes, for free, give you a pdf file. Some charge... be nice. Talk to someone more senior than parts.

Dave
Dave it's very very uncommon for any US dealers to offer up manuals to customers, they would rather sell you the manual. :(

philb1010

Equipment
May 18, 2019
Georgia
Does the LA844 have a 2-stage "fast dump", where you have 2 detents in the rightward direction on the joystick? Is that what's meant in the specs where it says "regenerative bucket dump"?

I compared the LA844 specs to Bush Hog's Quicke 180C loader, which I found is compatible with my tractor (MX5100). It appears to be a little stronger overall, with slightly bigger cylinders and greater lift capacity and bucket roll forces. However, I was quoted over $1000 higher for it, and I'd rather stick with Kubota I think. Thoughts?