LA 805 Bucket Tilt

xavomai

Equipment
2023 Kubota L4060 DST LE with LA508 front end loader
Apr 29, 2024
Netflix**&%
I have 2 questions:

I just purchased 2023 L4060 HST LE with LA805 front end loader. I also purchased the 72" bucket and Grapple.

1. Is there a way to slow the tilt speed of the bucket when you operate the joystick? I know that slightly pushing the joystick makes it slower, but can the maximum speed be adjusted so it won't accidently dump so fast?
  2. When they installed the extra hydraulic lines on the front loader for the grapple, they removed the side panel "boot" on the LA805 and ran the lines down through the inside of the boom. It leaves that side panel open for wasps to built a nest. I've looked for some kind of rubber boot that would fit around the hydo lines, but I don't' see anything that made specific for that. Anyone have suggestions other than messy spray foam?
Thanks,
SEM

old and tired

Equipment
L2800 HST; 2005; R4
You can also look into "needle valves" You can get them to control speed in one direction or both direction. I have a couple of adjustable needle valves, you can adjust how fast or slow you want it to work, vs. a single fixed restrictor speed.

Plenty of places to buy... Need to know what hydraulic connection you have (or buy adapters)

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I have 2 questions:

I just purchased 2023 L4060 HST LE with LA805 front end loader. I also purchased the 72" bucket and Grapple.

1. Is there a way to slow the tilt speed of the bucket when you operate the joystick? I know that slightly pushing the joystick makes it slower, but can the maximum speed be adjusted so it won't accidently dump so fast?
  2. When they installed the extra hydraulic lines on the front loader for the grapple, they removed the side panel "boot" on the LA805 and ran the lines down through the inside of the boom. It leaves that side panel open for wasps to built a nest. I've looked for some kind of rubber boot that would fit around the hydo lines, but I don't' see anything that made specific for that. Anyone have suggestions other than messy spray foam?
Thanks,
SEM
Kubota goes to great length to speed up dump on their loaders. Before you get in a pissing match with their design double check to make sure you do not have a 4th detented position on the bucket spool. Push hard at end of travel to see if the joystick will go past that detent. If so its a slower mode with more hydraulic power.

Dan