LA 723 Loader bucket angle

upnover

Equipment
L3430HST , 723 Loader, BH90 Hoe, 8' Allied Blade, Split-All log splitter
Sep 19, 2014
Creston BC
Heres my situation:

I have a L3430 with the LA723 loader without quick attach bucket. The other day I was loading the bucket using my mini excavator and noticed the tilt angle all the way back is very poor on this model. It seems like it would be nice for it to roll back another 10 degrees or so to hold things in the bucket better rather than raise it off the ground 6 feet.
Has anyone got this loader with the quick attach bucket and does it roll back to a better angle to hold material in the bucket better?

My other option is to add a quick attach bucket plate and loader arm adapter then change the hook up angle when welding the plate on.

Any thoughts?

gpreuss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200DT w/FEL, K650 Backhoe, 5' Rotary, 40" Howard Rotavator, 6' Rhino blade
Oct 9, 2011
Spokane, WA
The quick-attach adapter does not change any angles. It does, however, move the bucket out another 6", decreasing the breakout force and lift capacity.
If you are handy with a welder and drill press you could make a second set of pin brackets and weld them just behind the lower pin holes on the bucket. If done correctly you could use either the original holes, giving you the best dump angle, or the new ones, giving you a better curl angle.
Once you weld a skid-steer plate on the bucket you are stuck with it, and out several hundred dollars for the adapter and plate.

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
My other option is to add a quick attach bucket plate and loader arm adapter then change the hook up angle when welding the plate on.
That is exactly what you will need to do. ;)

upnover

Equipment
L3430HST , 723 Loader, BH90 Hoe, 8' Allied Blade, Split-All log splitter
Sep 19, 2014
Creston BC
Sounds like a winter project for me thanks for the advice !

bcbull378

Equipment
GL3830,fel,brush hog,pallet forks,disc,gannon,auger,springtooth,plow,drag,ripper
Sep 6, 2011
Ventura Ca
I've got the L3830 tractor and a 723 loader and have never found it to be a problem but let us all know how your modification comes out.