LA 525 Loader Issue

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
I'm using a LA1065 on an MX5200. The brackets are "flared" just a tad. They have been that way since the day I got the tractor bought new around 5 weeks ago.
Please put it in the database! Update if it changes with use. Thanks!

Grouse09

Equipment
B2650 Cab, snowblower, FEL, brush hog
Aug 24, 2016
Traverse City, MI
Anyone else notice the new BX Tractor video on Messicks' website shows a plate welded the entire length of the loader arm?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tornado

May 7, 2019
usa
I hate to resurrect a dead thread, but I found this thread for the first time today and read through all these pages of replies. I went out and looked at my new 2501 (29 hours) and feel like my brackets have seen some slight bending as has been discussed here. I notice that after March 2017 no one else replied here, so no updates have been provided in over a year and a half. I recognize some of the posters as folks Ive seen still posting here. Im just curious if anyone has an update on this issue, perhaps someone who noted bending from 1-2 years ago and posted here.....what ever happened? I assume this issue never "blew up" or became a big deal, as I dont really find much about it anywhere else. Was it just a scare that had no merit in the end? Not sure if I should be concerned or not.

mdhughes

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901DT
Dec 10, 2014
Ste Geneveive county, MO
Tornado, there were only 13 people add there loader to the database I set up to collect data with. You can see the information here. I thought if we got enough people to add their loader to the database we might find something in common.

Tornado

May 7, 2019
usa
Tornado, there were only 13 people add there loader to the database I set up to collect data with. You can see the information here. I thought if we got enough people to add their loader to the database we might find something in common.
Yea I came across that when I was reading through the thread. Given there has been no follow up, and googling the issue turns up nothing at all anywhere, Im assuming this isnt actually an issue? Im glad I found the thread though, I will make sure to watch mine closely.

If anyone else who was involved in this happens across this reply i would love a follow up on what happened over the time that has passed. Id be curious to know if it continued to get worse, or if over time you determined it wasnt really an issue.

mdhughes

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901DT
Dec 10, 2014
Ste Geneveive county, MO
Yea I came across that when I was reading through the thread. Given there has been no follow up, and googling the issue turns up nothing at all anywhere, Im assuming this isnt actually an issue? Im glad I found the thread though, I will make sure to watch mine closely.

If anyone else who was involved in this happens across this reply i would love a follow up on what happened over the time that has passed. Id be curious to know if it continued to get worse, or if over time you determined it wasnt really an issue.
You can add your loader to the database if you like here.

powersrp

Equipment
B3350
Apr 2, 2017
Indian River MI
This is an old thread, but to add a thought of the bending or the gap allowing the cylinders to move, the cylinders move side to side to keep the grease moving around and not wear the pin in the same contact point.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Grouse09

Equipment
B2650 Cab, snowblower, FEL, brush hog
Aug 24, 2016
Traverse City, MI
Years ago I added my loader to the database for a slight bend. Now, 2 years later, and 300 more hours, I haven’t had a problem. Been great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
Remember, The squeaky wheel gets the grease. If he doesn't hear the squeak, you'll get no grease!!

I'd call, get the persons name you leave the message with, let that person know you've been trying several times to reach the owner/salesperson. Ask when he will be available to be on the phone...be persistent. Call two or three times a day until you're satisfied.

From the human relations perspective, don't get loud or angry in your voice.

Use the "sandwich" approach! Positive, Negative, Positive.

Start out with a compliment, "I want to let you know I really like my new tractor."

Then insert the problem/challange, "I need to visit with Charlie to go over the manual's I haven't received, top link, tires I ordered and the canopy."

Now the other piece of bread in the sandwich is something positive again. "This tractor sure starts quicker then my old one, glad my friends talked me into looking at Kubota"!
Ahh Yes..the old “sandwich approach!” But obversing your good/bad/good:

“I beat the snot out of my old dealer who didn’t return my calls!”

Then, “But he recovered pretty nicely after 3 days in the hospital.”

Then, “Until I ran over him with the 3/4-ton Pick-Up for responding slowly.”

:D

I cannot imagine why those brackets would spread OR contract unless the bushings are not line-bored during mfr’. The brackets are only in tension or compression and would require the pin to flex before spreading/contracting would be encouraged. The pics I’ve seen (thru page 5 so far) haven’t come anywhere near endangering pin-release.

:confused: