L6060 HSTC w/1055 loader lift cap?

OldSchool59

Equipment
L6060 HSTC, Rhino Ag TW36 shredder
Jan 15, 2023
Texas
Hello, New member here And glad to be here!
I hope I’m placing this in the correct forum!
i’ll Jump right to my question here if y’all don’t mind.
I’m wanting to purchase a L6060 HSTC but I have had one question that I have asked many dealers that they just can not seem to answer and it is a deal breaker for me. My simple question is: will this 1055 ‘Loader’ lift a 48”x48” typical pallet that weighs 2000# ( I only need to lift these 5’). I will have the tires loaded with rimguard and have 600#’s of wheel weights but I’ll also have a 1250# hydraulic box blade on the 3 pt! I need to know if the the loader will lift this smoothly and without max rpm’s. This won’t be done real often but when I need it I need it.
Thanks in advance.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Hello, New member here And glad to be here!
I hope I’m placing this in the correct forum!
i’ll Jump right to my question here if y’all don’t mind.
I’m wanting to purchase a L6060 HSTC but I have had one question that I have asked many dealers that they just can not seem to answer and it is a deal breaker for me. My simple question is: will this 1055 ‘Loader’ lift a 48”x48” typical pallet that weighs 2000# ( I only need to lift these 5’). I will have the tires loaded with rimguard and have 600#’s of wheel weights but I’ll also have a 1250# hydraulic box blade on the 3 pt! I need to know if the the loader will lift this smoothly and without max rpm’s. This won’t be done real often but when I need it I need it.
Thanks in advance.
Your problem is not RPM or ballast. According to Kubota:

Max lift at pivot pins is 2361 lb
Max lift 20" forward is 1784 lb

So I would say chances of lifting a 2000 lb pallet to 5' are slim to none.

Dan

Reactions: 1 user

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
Good day. Welcome (almost congratulations on purchase…almost😉). The pic below is for a 2021 line up brochure. I don’t believe this answers the whole question….it might get you close. I think what is missing is weight out away from the pivot pin. If it is a must criteria then id want to know for sure before purchase. Do you have access to the loaded pallets and a trailer? If want to be absolutely sure, haul it to the dealer and ask them lift it off your trailer. Or if at you place ask them to bring the machine out and show you they can lift it…if it does they can leave it there. Is there any reason not to consider an M…bit more SWLL with an M. Good luck 🥃

Attachments

ken erickson

Equipment
B7100 hst, 2650 front mount snowblower, L2501 hst qa loader
Nov 21, 2010
Waupaca Wisconsin
"Max lift at pivot pins is 2361 lb
Max lift 20" forward is 1784 lb"

Plus , if not mistaken, would have to deduct the weight of the pallet forks and SSQA from those stated capacities?

Reactions: 2 users

OldSchool59

Equipment
Jan 15, 2023
Texas
It's at or close to either side of the limits!
Your problem is not RPM or ballast. According to Kubota:

Max lift at pivot pins is 2361 lb
Max lift 20" forward is 1784 lb

So I would say chances of lifting a 2000 lb pallet to 5' are slim to none.

Dan
Yes Sir I agree about the ballasts and have gone over the specs a ridiculous amount of times. When I ask about it the first thing they say is well( your going to need more ballasts if you do) lol! I understand it is beyond the specs so I’m guessing that’s why no one will answer my question. Thanks for your help Sir.

OldSchool59

Equipment
Jan 15, 2023
Texas
Good day. Welcome (almost congratulations on purchase…almost😉). The pic below is for a 2021 line up brochure. I don’t believe this answers the whole question….it might get you close. I think what is missing is weight out away from the pivot pin. If it is a must criteria then id want to know for sure before purchase. Do you have access to the loaded pallets and a trailer? If want to be absolutely sure, haul it to the dealer and ask them lift it off your trailer. Or if at you place ask them to bring the machine out and show you they can lift it…if it does they can leave it there. Is there any reason not to consider an M…bit more SWLL with an M. Good luck 🥃
First , Almost new owner is correct lol. No to the M! I do a whole lot of loader work , I’m a bit skeletal and muscular damaged so I want to stay with a HST tranny.
You hit the nail on the head about getting a dealer to actually lift a a similar load or pallet and I certainly can or would provide that but with the shortage of these tractors I am looking all over the country . If I was a salesman , I would throw some pallet forks on there and see if it would lift something in their yard close to this and get this unit sold. Answering other questions from above , I was in Cranes and heavy trucking for 35 years so I do know a thing or 2 about deductions 😜. These loaders and tractors are over built for a reason.

Last edited:

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
It’s none of my business and most certainly not my money, but for that type of weight, it’s really to where a forklift starts making sense. Depending on what you are doing and other tasks, if don’t need to pull stuff or use the PTO, CTLs have a lot more capability annd offer a variety of attachments… And then there is always the option if you have just the one task lifting the ton pallet, consider a used forklift and get whatever tractor / machine you need in addition to the heavy lifting.

OldSchool59

Equipment
Jan 15, 2023
Texas
It’s none of my business and most certainly not my money, but for that type of weight, it’s really to where a forklift starts making sense. Depending on what you are doing and other tasks, if don’t need to pull stuff or use the PTO, CTLs have a lot more capability annd offer a variety of attachments… And then there is always the option if you have just the one task lifting the ton pallet, consider a used forklift and get whatever tractor / machine you need in addition to the heavy lifting.
I understand ! And I certainly appreciate your input. I have a ranch and my PTO’s get tons of rpm’s 🙂! My tractors are definitely in the Expanded Multi Use Catagory 🙂👍🏻.

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
I have the 1065 loader on my MX. it is well ballasted. Last fall I have to move a one ton pallet of wood pellets from the back of a tall truck. My pallet forks are quick attach and heavy. I couldn’t lift the full pallet out of the truck, so we removed two rows of bags. Then it lifted the pallet. After I set the pallet on the ground, we put the bags back on the pallet and I was able to curl and lift the load about a foot above the ground to take it to the barn. I was at near max RPMs. No your 1055 loader cannot lift a ton to 5 feet.

OldSchool59

Equipment
Jan 15, 2023
Texas
I have the 1065 loader on my MX. it is well ballasted. Last fall I have to move a one ton pallet of wood pellets from the back of a tall truck. My pallet forks are quick attach and heavy. I couldn’t lift the full pallet out of the truck, so we removed two rows of bags. Then it lifted the pallet. After I set the pallet on the ground, we put the bags back on the pallet and I was able to curl and lift the load about a foot above the ground to take it to the barn. I was at near max RPMs. No your 1055 loader cannot lift a ton to 5 feet.
Now this is the information I’ve been looking for! I’m glad I hadn’t pulled the trigger on it yet. Thank you sir! You either just saved me a whole lot of money or you cost me more 🙂👍🏼
I know that the green equal will do it easily but I danged sure am not going that route! It’s not about their tractors but it is about them holding people hostage with computer linking.

jyoutz

Equipment
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
Now this is the information I’ve been looking for! I’m glad I hadn’t pulled the trigger on it yet. Thank you sir! You either just saved me a whole lot of money or you cost me more 🙂👍🏼
I know that the green equal will do it easily but I danged sure am not going that route! It’s not about their tractors but it is about them holding people hostage with computer linking.
If you are wanting to lift a full ton pallet to 5’ and stay with Kubota, you should be looking at some of the M series tractors. My MX works for me because it’s no big deal to remove a few rows of bags on a pallet, and none of the hay bales I lift are that heavy. The MX and L6060 series loaders are basically the same.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Better than a tractor for this task and still super useful around a farm would be a Skid steer or Track Loader.
And they will have the lift capacity and many other advantages!

jyoutz

Equipment
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
I don’t think the green EQUAL will lift it either. I think the green tractor with the same weight class is going to lift about the same as a L6060 or MX class tractor. Deere has some full utility tractors with 60 hp that will no doubt lift a ton, but those machines are in a different weight and tractor class, more like the Kubota M class machines.

Missouribound

Equipment
B2320, FEL, BOX BLADE, FINISH MOWER, QUICK HITCH
Jun 17, 2014
Missouri
It probably won't lift it....but with the forks under it and you tip the bucket back.............it may lift it off the ground enough to move it. But it's not going to lift it 5'
Forklift tilt hydraulics are generally stronger than the capacity of the machine.....when you tip it back the rear of the machine lifts up......but they still cannot lift the load
So if you could have these pallets delivered at ground level you must may be able to move them around.

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
You can get hold of the loader curve. It's a graph that tells you how much weight to what height. 5 foot is less than max height of 112 inches nearly 10 foot), so it will lift a bit more weight than the spec says if you're only going to 5 foot. 1,784lb (spec lift) is not that much less than 2,000lb. If you really meant 1,900lb, then you'd be close. But yeah, deduct SSQA and forks, you're probably pushing things. So I guess the real question is whether you mean 2,000lbs, or actually 2,100 with pallet, or actually 1,900 and you rounded up.

And, if you didn't need to go to 5 foot, then 3ph forks would lift that easily (2,600lbs at 24 inch behind). Depending on where you're trying to put something, can you build a 3 foot loading ramp, and 2 foot lift on the 3ph?

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
What height do you need to lift to?
The M59/M62 TLB will lift that all day long to full height.
A larger CTL or SS will to.

If you do a lot of pallet work a forklift with side shift is best.

woodman55

Equipment
L6060HSTC, RTV 1100
May 15, 2022
canada
The M59 is hydro, has a pto, and has lots of lift capacity.

OldSchool59

Equipment
Jan 15, 2023
Texas
I don’t think the green EQUAL will lift it either. I think the green tractor with the same weight class is going to lift about the same as a L6060 or MX class tractor. Deere has some full utility tractors with 60 hp that will no doubt lift a ton, but those machines are in a different weight and tractor class, more like the Kubota M class machines.
The green will lift it with ballast no problem at all! It’s not in their charts but it will definitely do it! Should it do it ? Probably not but I’ve seen it done on three different machines- I just don’t like the price or where a lot of their machines are made. I have switched my focus to a m7060 hdm . I don’t think I’m going to like the shuttle and the loader stick is a farther track with a longer throw but I’m going to go check a new one out tomorrow!

Last edited: