L4701 Manual

kclark

Feb 16, 2018
North Carolina
I have found the Workshop Manual but can't find the User's/Owner's Manual. I have found one that is for the L3301/L3901 but not L4701. Anybody know where to find it?

kclark

Feb 16, 2018
North Carolina
Ha, Ha...Funny Funny. I don't want to ask questions that I know the answer that I think I find is absolute. But the link that was provided above I did find before I asked the question. But I wanted to be sure that it would be the same as the US version since that website is Kubota Canada hence kubota.ca instead of kubotausa.com where I.

100 td

Equipment
B21TLB (B21, TL421 & BT751) Toyota SDK4 T116 Bobcat
Aug 29, 2015
ɹǝpunuʍop
I have found one that is for the L3301/L3901 but not L4701. Anybody know where to find it?
We can only believe what you tell us, had you stated that you have a Canadian operators manual and were seeking a US operators manual, I would have asked which sections of the operators manual don't line up with your tractor, "if a US one wasn't available online", and if indeed there were anomaly's, I would have recommended you to purchase the manual from your dealer.

kclark

Feb 16, 2018
North Carolina
We can only believe what you tell us, had you stated that you have a Canadian operators manual and were seeking a US operators manual, I would have asked which sections of the operators manual don't line up with your tractor, "if a US one wasn't available online", and if indeed there were anomaly's, I would have recommended you to purchase the manual from your dealer.
I don't know if there are any anomaly's. I just wasn't sure if they were exactly the same or not.

100 td

Equipment
Aug 29, 2015
ɹǝpunuʍop
Maybe I've read your other posts incorrectly, but if I haven't and you are buying new, go with the manual that comes with the tractor to be sure.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Now Now every one take a chill pill.

#1 All North American models have the same build parameters and options.

#2: This is a screen shot of the First/Last page of the download that 100 td, pointed to, Humm doesn't say Canada Does it.

#3: P/N for the manual is TC630-59711, Kubota USA's web site says that's the right P/N for all L4701's.

Attachments

Last edited:

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
I don't know if there are any anomaly's. I just wasn't sure if they were exactly the same or not.
Just let me suggest a little logic here as I may have been the one to start this exchange.

Canada is a tiny market for Kubota sales. At best, the deviation from a American model might be in a French & English stick on label nothing more substantive.

When you made your first post about finding a WSM, my reaction was what a lucky guy. Many owners never succeed in finding a WSM for their tractor for free.

100 td living down under and much closer to the origin of Kubotas, has lead owners of gray market models and of one year then gone models, to links for documents that might be on page 10 of a Google search in North America but number 1 in Australia.

Before getting involved in your thread, I googled "Kubota L4701 spec's." This is google search done in Canada. The result send me to tractordata .com which has a wealth of quick useful information. This time there was only info about a L3901 so my conclusion was that the L4701 was not a North American model. Usually there is info telling me which model preceded the L4701 and which model followed L4701. Now nothing like that

Recently, when I was trying to help the owner of a Mahindra tractor and could not find any manual only the instruction go to your dealer, 100 td put me on to this site which sells WSM's on line for immediate download for the price of $9.99.
http://www.servicemanualvault.com/contact.html

I spent the $10 because the owner was desperate to get his tractor working again and now, with the WSM and wiring diagram, I could point him in the correct direction. I am not talking about a WSM made from blurry photo copied 10 times, pages but clear crisp text and illustrations.

On a John Deere tractor that was incessantly blowing a certain fuse, after much work and a lot of luck, the culprit turned out to be the water jacket sensor used to decide if the intake grid heater should operate or not.

The sensor was in the trigger circuit to the relay. Here is where my logic failed and 100 td made me realize that in a relay trigger circuit, it is the tiny coil which creates the magnetic field that limits the current flow. Once it is pointed out by 100 td, now it was obvious.

My point in this long winded post is to make you realize that 100 td like NIW are resources to be treasured should they decide to immerse themselves in your problem. These are the first two people I ask for help.

Dave

100 td

Equipment
Aug 29, 2015
ɹǝpunuʍop
Now Now every one take a chill pill.
Can't see any need for them from this end, got any good ones?

Just let me suggest a little logic here as I may have been the one to start this exchange.
No Dave, OP's first post stated he couldn't find one, but later said he already had it. So I spend my time finding the same US manual. All good.
Dave_eng said:
...documents that might be on page 10 of a Google search in North America but number 1 in Australia.
I used google.com for this search, and use it regularly for this forum. Google.ca and google.com.au reported the same first two results.

Last edited: