L4701 Error Codes

Wingshooter54

Equipment
L4701, FDR2572 Mower, LA765
Jul 21, 2016
Strawberry Plains, TN
I have an L4701 with 26.5 hrs. I Started the tractor this PM to complete mowing and as I brought the RPM into the recommended range for activating the PTO, the engine shut down. I noted error codes P0606, P0629, P0627, and P087 codes. I immediately shut down, popped the hoof and noted one(40 amp) of the two fuses in the fuse block (battery isolation) was not properly seated. I seated the fuse and did a restart. I brought the RPMs into the range for the PTO and all seems fine but the codes won't clear.

Any help would be appreciated!!!

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
I only know a little about the 3560 screen interface, and I think it is different from the one on your tractor, so you will need to talk to your dealer or wait until someone logs on that knows the 01 tractors or has that WSM. On mine there appears to be a menu that you can access by holding the key in the run position and pressing another button at the same time, and that allows you to choose an option to erase codes. Since your tractor is under warranty, the best thing would be to let your dealer talk you through it.

Welcome to the forum!

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
The codes have to be cleared with Kubota's diagmaster software. It can be cleared from the tractor panel manually but then has to be cleared also from the ECU via Diagmaster and a laptop.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Thanks lugbolt, that is much clearer, but I am curious about how it works operationally. I understood the codes remained in the ECU so that a tech could access them later with Diagmaster, but do you mean that if you clear them from the screen manually that they pop up again the next time the tractor is turned on?

Can you clear them from the screen even temporarily if one of the error codes refers to something that has NOT been fixed?

Thanks!

DMM

Nov 12, 2016
Fauquire Va
The codes have to be cleared with Kubota's diagmaster software. It can be cleared from the tractor panel manually but then has to be cleared also from the ECU via Diagmaster and a laptop.
Is this software, or any aftermarket equipment (such as Denso) available or able to scan Kubota DTC's? Former automotive engineer and would like to have the same ability as I do for vehicles with regards to power train DTC's.