L47 Backhoe 2019, Hydraulic problems

ellevine93

Equipment
L47 Kubota Backhoe
Apr 17, 2024
Grass Valley CA
Hello I am new to this website.

A couple weeks ago my rear hydraulics for my backhoe out of nowhere stopped working completely. The rear stabilizer arms won't go down at all. The backhoe sometimes will move a tiny bit side to side very slowly but almost so slow that it's not really moving. Front end of tractor work great with 3-1 attachments. Grapple/4-1 bucket all work good. It is only the backhoe and the rear hydraulics of the tractor.

I Checked hydraulic fluid and changed it all looked fine.

I checked for leaks or hoses that weren't connected correctly all looked good.

I pulled in and out the hydraulic sticks by the reservoir and tried playing with the and couldn't get it to work. I could get the front end to stop working and then start going again but did nothing to the rear.

Does anyone know if there is more than one hydraulic pump? Is there a way for the hydraulic pump to only work for the front end if it's damaged? The day that this happened I was running the front end with a grapple and was running the tractor very hot.

I feel like it is something easy that I am missing. Does anyone have any pointers? I can't really bring it in somewhere at the moment so I'm on my own. Everything else runs great.

Thank you for your time

-Ed

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma

A couple weeks ago my rear hydraulics for my backhoe out of nowhere stopped working completely. The rear stabilizer arms won't go down at all. The backhoe sometimes will move a tiny bit side to side very slowly but almost so slow that it's not really moving. Front end of tractor work great with 3-1 attachments. Grapple/4-1 bucket all work good. It is only the backhoe and the rear hydraulics of the tractor.

I pulled in and out the hydraulic sticks by the reservoir and tried playing with the and couldn't get it to work. I could get the front end to stop working and then start going again but did nothing to the rear.

Does anyone know if there is more than one hydraulic pump? Is there a way for the hydraulic pump to only work for the front end if it's damaged? The day that this happened I was running the front end with a grapple and was running the tractor very hot.

I feel like it is something easy that I am missing. Does anyone have any pointers? I can't really bring it in somewhere at the moment so I'm on my own. Everything else runs great.

Thank you for your time

-Ed
I believe that there are 3 hydraulic pumps on your L47 (my L48 also has 3)
I don' t know which pump runs what, but am sure someone will come along soon to define it for you.
Do you have an L47 WSM?
You can probably find one on E-Bay for relatively cheap money, and you really SHOULD have it.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us

Thank you for your time

-Ed
I believe there are two selector valves (knobs/levers) at the rear. They control outflow to the backhoe. Make sure both are in the "backhoe" position.

Dan

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
The three point and the BH are controlled by a swing pump.
Have you verified that the change over levers are in the proper position?

1713384100821.png

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma

Thank you for your time

-Ed
Did you disconnect the backhoe, and then this problem occurred?

If you have not removed the BH, then those two levers mentioned in posts #3 and #4 are NOT your problem. It is not physically possible for those levers (handles) to be pushed or pulled, or move by themselves, with the backhoe connected.
There is a large guard cover over those valve handles.
Possibly the handles were never correctly seated originally, allowing only partial flow, but that seems highly unlikely, especially if your BH has been working normally.

Last edited: