L4600 titan bolt on grapple

Frayedknot

Oct 30, 2018
Wilmington
I've purchased a titan bolt on grapple to mount on my l4600. It already has the 3rd function valve mounted near my bucket. The grapple has 1/2" flat style quick connects on it. My tractor side has 3/8" on the hoses. And the quick connectors are ag style. I'm not sure I'm useing the correct terms. What's the best way to connect these together?

Attachments

boz1989

Equipment
B2910 fel 60 mmm, Land Pride rb1572
Jun 10, 2015
Portland, MI
Pick your favorite style and swap out the other couplers so they match.
Do you have another attachment for the tractor loader?
Are you going to use the grapple on something else that already has flat face on it?

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Frayedknot

Oct 30, 2018
Wilmington
The grapple will be to only attachment for now. I'm more interested in going from 1/2" on the grapple to 3/8" on the tractor. I will keep the ag style connection

majorwager

Equipment
MX5100 FEL ford 1620 FEL International 484 FEL Lull 844C
I purchased a Titan S-200 hydraulic plow w/ 1/2 " flat faced couplers. The Titan 3/8 hose was equipped w/ 1/2" increaser bushings. Just keep the titan 1 /2" male iron pipe thread and reduce it to 3 /8" . Remove only the flat face couplers, titan furnished one male and one female.

My Kubota remote came w/ Pioneer 8010-4 male 1/2" and 4050-4 female in 1/2" I do NOT know if The 8010-4 remains The same for The 3/8" male with just The size change. I use all 1 /2" fittings on 3 /8" hoses w/ bushings.

The bushings, to increase of decrease came from tractor supply, surplus center has them as well. (For My other attachments)

My Pioneer Ag fittings are push/pull type, NO collar or sleeve to pull back to lock.

The flat face removed fittings are just surplus . Titan actually sells Ag fittings also, saw them on amazon, but can be purchased direct, shipping free.

Do NOT use iron plumbing fittings to change pipe thread sizes.

Also the cylinder stroke on my plow is very short. Suspect the same on your grapple. Once connected. Open the valve SLOWLY, or the cylinder may SLAM to the open or close position. Mine Did and at an idle!!

Last edited:

Dunbar

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 LA525 QA PFL2042 Forks RCR1860 FDR1672 BB1560 EA55 WR Grapple FitRite TnT
Aug 2, 2018
Texas
Just went through this on my L2501. I had the dealer install the 3rd function to bundle into the 0% financing. They didn't have the Land Pride kit available so used a W. R. Long kit. I ordered a wicked root rake grapple from EA and since they sell W. R. Long 3rd function kits I assumed I will be good to go when it arrives. I called EA to ask about shipped grapple package size to see what trailer to take to the depot and also asked about the connectors for the 3rd. Turns out there could be 1/2" Ag or 3/8" Italy connectors. They normally ship with 1/2" Ag but my kit has the 3/8" Italy so they will make sure that that's what my grapple ships with. I don't live in snow country and can't think of another front attachment that needs hydraulics so I might be fine. The W.R. Long kit came with extra hoses and connectors with the 3/8" fittings and the other end fixed for hydraulic cylinders. Its good to check before hand