L4560 Backhoe Attachment Spool Valve Trouble

sgrasso

Equipment
L2850
Sep 7, 2022
New York
Recently one of the joysticks or lever would only operate the boom in one direction. The other direction didn't work and the lever didn't spring back to the neutral position. I removed the control valves then took off the cap and spring to the valve with the problem. I found lots of depris and a broken plastic spacer. Looked for the replacement part (70050-93531) but it's discontinued and I can't find it online. Does anyone have any suggestions for me? I'm not sure how to move forward getting this fixed.

Attachments

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Recently one of the joysticks or lever would only operate the boom in one direction. The other direction didn't work and the lever didn't spring back to the neutral position. I removed the control valves then took off the cap and spring to the valve with the problem. I found lots of depris and a broken plastic spacer. Looked for the replacement part (70050-93531) but it's discontinued and I can't find it online. Does anyone have any suggestions for me? I'm not sure how to move forward getting this fixed.
Look for a local shop that specilizes in hydraulics, a Hydraulics repair shop!

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Kubota did not make the valve - can you find any identifying information on it. If so you may be able to source the part. If not I see three ways forward - listed in order of increasing cost:
  1. Make a new spacer. Does not have to be pretty - just functional. Looks pretty easy.
  2. Take the valve to a hydraulic shop. They may be able to match something up or make the part for you..
  3. Purchase a new third party back hoe valve.
Dan

chris989

Equipment
L3450
Oct 5, 2016
boise
hello,
What was you outcome??? I am in the same boat.

Chris