L4060 remote lever routing

eipo

Equipment
L4060
Dec 1, 2015
MI
I am in the middle of installing 3 remotes on a new 4060. According to the installation instructions, remote 1 is the middle lever. However, the bar that connects the the linkage to the valve itself will not fit. It hits what would be the front side of the factory hole for them to pass through. There is no room to get it on the pin at the valve.

I must be doing something wrong. Does anyone have any pictures of their remotes linkage?

eipo

Equipment
L4060
Dec 1, 2015
MI
Watching this video, at 12:24 shows the levers that attach to the valve... My valve 1 lever is shorter than my valve 2 lever....

eipo

Equipment
L4060
Dec 1, 2015
MI
Everything is back together and functioning.

I measured the linkage adjustment and determined there was enough there to facilitate custom bending the bar that goes from the fender down to the valve.

Ill likely forward the image showing the incorrect part to my dealer and have them get me the correct one.

eipo

Equipment
L4060
Dec 1, 2015
MI
Turns out there is a newer remote kit for the 1st position. There is a break in tractor SN and mine falls after the newer kit.

I guess the bar that I modified has been updated for newer tractors to compensate for the offset. Aldermans is sending me the updated piece.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Turns out there is a newer remote kit for the 1st position. There is a break in tractor SN and mine falls after the newer kit.

I guess the bar that I modified has been updated for newer tractors to compensate for the offset. Aldermans is sending me the updated piece.
Good deal, looks quite handy. What are you going to run with it?

eipo

Equipment
L4060
Dec 1, 2015
MI
I had a hydraulic top link on the 2650. It was absolutely fantastic so I opted to get the full kit rolled into the new tractor. Top and Tilt are installed with a 3rd remote for whatever. I put float valves in the 1 and 2 position with a spring center in 3.