L3901 New Seat

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
A bunch of cute little Kubotas
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA
I couldn't get armrest for the original seat because Kubota doesn't offer any for the L 01 series tractors so off the old seat came and on with a new one. The new seat has armrest, headrest, and backrest all are adjustable. :)

Attachments

Reactions: 1 user

B2R

Dec 14, 2017
Ok
Nice seat, thinking of doing something similar. I have a couple of questions, How much was the up graded seat and how well does it match the existing seat mounts?
Where did you get the seat from?
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA
I bought it at Tractor Supply. All I had to do is remove it's bracket and replace it with the original one from my Kubota seat it took drilling two 5/16" holes in the original bracket to make it work in the new seat and if I ever want to go back it will be super easy. The seat sells for 289 but I had a 10% off coupon so I saved a few bucks. This fits in the same spot as the original seat perfectly and is really comfy... :D

Here is a link to the seat

LINK

Last edited:

WFM

Equipment
L3800
Apr 5, 2013
Porter Maine
Great looking seat. I'd also like to know everything B2R is asking. My tractor is 5 years old now and apparently being a few pounds overweight when I would get on I would reach across grabbing the right side rear of the seat back. No recently I see I have a small crack has occurred. No big deal but I don't grab there any longer and my stomic is 40 lbs lighter now. lol.
But great looking seat. I'd love to get one if it would fit my L3800.

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA
I don't know for sure but I would think your L3800 probably has the same seat on it. It took me about a 1/2 hour to put it on. I removed the slide mech. from the new seat and just used the original seats front to back slide mech. I love the ability to adjust the backrest, armrest and headrest on the new seat it's going to be great when I'm mowing.

Great looking seat. I'd also like to know everything B2R is asking. My tractor is 5 years old now and apparently being a few pounds overweight when I would get on I would reach across grabbing the right side rear of the seat back. No recently I see I have a small crack has occurred. No big deal but I don't grab there any longer and my stomic is 40 lbs lighter now. lol.
But great looking seat. I'd love to get one if it would fit my L3800.

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA
Here are a few more pictures so you can see how the original bracket fits on the new seat oh and it has a nice big pocket on the back of it with a velcro flap that you can use to store you owners manual if you want to.

Attachments

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
I bought a similar model seat about 3 years ago and put on my B7100. Took a bit more modifications, but it sure is nice. Even the cat likes it. And that's fine with me. He's a built in mouser!

Attachments

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA
That seat looks nice on your B7100. I weigh 240# and my factory seat just wasn't cutting the mustard for me :)

I bought a similar model seat about 3 years ago and put on my B7100. Took a bit more modifications, but it sure is nice. Even the cat likes it. And that's fine with me. He's a built in mouser!

majorwager

Equipment
MX5100 FEL ford 1620 FEL International 484 FEL Lull 844C
New seat appears to be built well w/ those creature comforts. However it relies upon the stock suspension which is woefully inadequate.

I too purchased from tractor supply, but obtained the $100 model. It has a taller back, side bolsters, manual adjustments fore and aft plus seat back angle.

It also has spring suspension w/ shock absorber. I bolted it to the top of existing spring suspension, such as it is, and now have duel suspension.

The tractor supply unit has a weight adjustment.

Bolt boles did align but tricky getting a nut on the bolt inside the existing spring unit.

It is NOT perfect but at least NOW there is bump absorbing mechanism in place for rough terrain. The economy kubota system provides practically NO bounce.

I still am budgeting for an eventual mechanical suspension cloth seat from surplus center but current setup is functional.

I also have a HD swival turntable that I plan to incorporate into the existing setup but for now almost any improvement is better than the kubota factory seat.

Economy tractors from kubota have substandard seating, - my opinion.

I have a deere lawn mower that is more comfortable.

Would like to use the economy seats for the office executive chairs, so they can have the same tractor experience as their customers.

rexey

Jun 29, 2017
New Hampshire.
Love your new seat!! I'm in desperate need for a decent seat. Did you do alot of measuring or are they all kinda the same? I have a b26 seat that swivels around for the backhoe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RichOzz

Equipment
L2501 HST w/LA525 66" bucket BH77 LA BB1260 RCR1260 EA 42" Pallet Forks
Aug 26, 2021
MA
I know it's 3 1/2 years later but I'm wondering if you re-installed the original seat belt, added the Black Talon seat belt or just did without one entirely.

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA
I know it's 3 1/2 years later but I'm wondering if you re-installed the original seat belt, added the Black Talon seat belt or just did without one entirely.
I no longer have that tractor but the original seat belts were bolted below the seat and I just left them on the tractor.

RichOzz

Equipment
L2501 HST w/LA525 66" bucket BH77 LA BB1260 RCR1260 EA 42" Pallet Forks
Aug 26, 2021
MA
I appreciate your response.