L3901: Connector color for DPF Inhibit and Parked regen switches

mdhughes

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901DT
Dec 10, 2014
Ste Geneveive county, MO
I've had my tractor for a month now and after reading the manual I wanted to check out the DPF Inhibit switch. But when I pressed it, it didn't light up like the manual said it would. So I got to looking and the connectors for the DPF Inhibit and the Parked regen are both off of the switches. One is black and to other is white and are keyed the same way, does anyone know witch connector goes to witch switch?

I'm really surprised that these connectors were not connected to the switches. Has anyone else gotten their tractor and found this?

Last edited:

mickeyd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2014 L3200 DT w/LA524 FEL, 2019 Kubota Z121S w/ 48" Pro Dec, TG1860G w/RCK54TG
Mar 21, 2014
Guin, AL
Welcome to the forum From Northwest Alabama. I would be talking to my dealer and making him fix it.

Oct 8, 2014
oregon
I would be looking for an aftermarket tuner and delete kit, that would be wrong though. Seriously though, start going through diesel truck sites for tier 4 emission problems. I don't know what the Orange problems will be but Ford's are emission sensor's followed by EGR coolers. You have those systems and more.

mdhughes

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901DT
Dec 10, 2014
Ste Geneveive county, MO
I went back out to the tractor add pulled the connectors below the body panel and connected the Inhibit switch to the white connector and started the engine. Pressed the button and nothing happened. Connected the switch to the black connector and the lamp came on. Pressed it again and it went off. This is how the Inhibit switch is suppose to work. So the black connector goes to the Inhibit switch and the white connector goes to the Park regen switch.

I was able to get the connector to stick out a little through the holes in the dash and get them connected.

I have attached a couple pictures.

mickeyd: My dealer is over 80 miles away, but I will let him know what I have found.

nickelplated5s: I don't plan on changing anything on the tractor.

Attachments

mickeyd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2014 L3200 DT w/LA524 FEL, 2019 Kubota Z121S w/ 48" Pro Dec, TG1860G w/RCK54TG
Mar 21, 2014
Guin, AL
Glad you found something that worked and had the room to fix it.
I would ask the dealer if that is the way they all are delivered or was there a reason it came disconnected. You might be surprised by the answer.

RIDETOEAT

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L4600, LA764, LP Blade,
Dec 26, 2014
Southern Indiana
Just give it a bit of time and these tractors will have DPF deletes and plug in tuners to eliminate the whole process. I hope the market is large enough to support the development. JMO

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
I suspect parts borrowed off the lot,and whoever borrowed forgot which way to plug in and left it.

Or just an oversight on assembly line.

Either way,PDI should have caught it.
Every part of a ford is checked before it goes to customer. On slow days i got to do pdi's. Was easy,but had to be done. Checklist and all.