L3800HST price check

Rokee95

Jun 24, 2014
Round Hill, Virginia
Hello.
For starters my name is Wayne. I just joined OTT and this will be my first post.
I have been eavesdropping for quite some time and am growing more interested in joining some of the discussions.
I have had several compact tractors in the past, however never a Kubota. I work at an airport as a heavy equipment mechanic so I am around tractors regularly, but again, never Kubota's.
I have been shopping since October of last year for a tractor to replace the John Deere 3005 I sold.
I really like the L3800HST for the size and strength, and it seams like by far the best bargain for what you get for the dollar.
Originally I was going to get the L3200 a few years ago, but chose the Deere because the price was great and I didn't mind shifting gears.
Now I prefer the hydro and have been aiming to get another tractor to do loader work, landscaping, and box blade work for the driveway.
Knowing the tier 4 emission stuff replacing the current models adds a lot to the price, and complexities I don't want to deal with has me trying to get the tractor sooner than I had planned.
one of the local dealers and I have gone back and fourth on price for a
L3800 HST
LA524 loader with quick attach 66" bucket
R4 tires filled with a "bio fluid" (product I haven't heard of)
Cruise control
Bucket level indicator
Delivery (approx. 25 miles)
The best price to date I have been quoted is $20,200 out the door, which makes the price, minus tax $19,129 for the package I listed if I pay cash.
I would really appreciate some feedback from some of you all of what you think of the price.
Thanks in advance, and I look forward to more posts, and conversation to come.

Last edited:

kc8fbl

Equipment
2014 L3200 HST FEL, 1949 Minneapolis-Moline R
Aug 23, 2012
Gobles, MI
That is pretty much the price I was quoted here in SW Michigan. It can vary on areas and possibly be a little more now since people are looking hard to find a tractor without all the Tier 4 emission stuff.

Good luck! The L3800 is a great tractor.

Rokee95

Jun 24, 2014
Round Hill, Virginia
Thanks for the reply kc8fbl!
I didn't realize the price could vary so much from one area to another.
Perhaps that's why some of the package deals offered online or in tractorhouse.com are so low.

buckaroo52

Equipment
Kubota L 3800 DT
Jun 5, 2013
Molalla, Oregon
I got my L3800 DT new in June 2013, outstanding machine by the way. Mine priced out as follows:
L3800 DT. $14, 250.
LA 524 Loader. $ 4,050.
Landpride RCR 1860 Rotary Cutter. $1,250.
Landpride GS 1560 Grading Scraper. $950.
Kubota document fee. $100.
Vehicle filing fee. $30.
R4's loaded with beet juice incl.
0% interest, no $ down
Delivered 65 miles to my gate
Tee shirts, hats, and 4 cans Kubota touch up paint.
$ 20, 630. Total. ( no tax in Oregon )
Waiting till the warranty runs out to pay it off. Have had several tractors prior to this, but this pkg. of tractor and implements is very well balanced together, and preforms like a tractor should. I have 55 hrs. on it in the first year and couldn't be more pleased. Hope your deal is good, and enjoy your tractor !

Rokee95

Jun 24, 2014
Round Hill, Virginia
I appreciate the responses!
I'm definitely wanting to get one before they're all gone.
Unfortunately for me, today I called the dealer I was working with to ask if I can use a debit card, or do I need a certified check. I told the salesman I was on my way to finalize the deal and he said he had made a mistake and verbally raised the price by over a grand. I said forget it!
It seamed like a bait and switch gimmick, so I'll move on.
Another dealer has a couple L3200's in crates still, so they could be outfitted the way I'd like. That place has quoted me $18,600 for as follows;
L3200HST
LA524 with SSQA 66" bucket
R4 tires filled
Cruise control
bucket level indicator
(I pick it up myself)
Is that a fair price for that? I haven't found many L3200's locally to compare much in the way of price.
Thanks again!

buckaroo52

Equipment
Kubota L 3800 DT
Jun 5, 2013
Molalla, Oregon
If you plan on buying some implements, ask your dealer for a package deal and get them now, make them work for your money. For $20,000 you should be able to get a couple implements with your deal. You won't be able to buy them cheaper later on, unless you buy used stuff. Dealers will deliver a long way to make the sale, don't get hung up with the dealer nearest you.

gpreuss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200DT w/FEL, K650 Backhoe, 5' Rotary, 40" Howard Rotavator, 6' Rhino blade
Oct 9, 2011
Spokane, WA
I think that is a good price for the L3200HST. Go for a package deal with implements, but don't waste a lot of time worrying. I don't think they will be around much longer.

Rokee95

Jun 24, 2014
Round Hill, Virginia
Good idea on the package deal!
It's stretching my budget to get the tractor and loader, although it may be worth it to see what happens if I ask to put a rear blade and/or a grader scraper in the package. I really want to try a grader scraper and see if they work better for driveways than a box blade.
It's a shame the tier 4 requirements killed these great machines, at these prices anyway. It seams the L3301 and L3901 are considerably higher in price.
Another thing I noticed is the hoods are longer to fit the dpf so the hood guard is now foldable so the hood will open.
Something that may be an improvement over the current 3200 and 3800 is the rockshaft now has grease fittings on the end.
Maybe there is an improved hitch valve too. Quite a few I've tested have been jerky with a blade on the back.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Really the tier 4 hasn't killed anything. If you follow the instructions it will work just as hard and the old ones, just a bit more to be maintained on the new ones. They have been using this type of diesel motor underground for a long time, and sorry to say it aint gona get no better

Durasmack

Jun 26, 2014
Chicagoland
Good Morning All!
Not to hijack anyone's thread, i'm in the market for an L3800HST.
I found a slightly used, 2012 with 30 hours, AG tires, and a quick attach loader on it.
Asking price is $18,999
What do you guys think is a fair price for this slightly used tractor?
I think the dealer had this tractor in it's rental program.

apeckham

Equipment
L3800HST, Buhler 6' Finish Mower, Land Pride APS500, Land Pride RB3774
Feb 24, 2014
Corning, IA, USA
Durasmack

I bought a used L3800HST with 70 hours on it this spring. R4's QA loader and had them add a rear remote and rear work light. Got it for 18K

Rokee95

Jun 24, 2014
Round Hill, Virginia
Here there is a used L3800HST, R4 tires, loader with qa bucket and a canopy for $18,500. It only has 24 hours on it. About a grand less than a new one, but there is no special financing offers for used equipment.

UnionMan

Equipment
M5-111HDC12, L3800 HST , RTV-X1100C, SCAG TigerCat 61" Kawi FX Motor
Aug 21, 2013
Warrenton, VA
Rokee95 - I see you are in VA not too far from me. Curious to what dealer you went to. I called and talked to any dealer in VA pretty much before I settled on one. Curious to which one played the bait and switch game with you. I do know there are some L3800 left at dealers in VA.

UnionMan

Rokee95

Jun 24, 2014
Round Hill, Virginia
(Unionman)
We are close to one another!
Last fall I got the best price to date from Byrd tractor in Manassas. That was when there was a $600 rebate and the 0% financing offer. I have had a really hard time getting anyone to match what he offered. Even with the rebate being higher now. I should not have hesitated! I just wasn't able to spend that much!
Too bad he only has one L3200 DT left.
Now I've been dealing with Winchester equipment on a L3800, and Woodstock equipment on both, L3800's and L3200's.
Woodstock is further, but the dealer is family owned and operated. It shows too. It doesn't have the big box store fealing. No pressure. Nobody trying to convince me of what I need just because it's what they have. All in all it seams like a great place.
Winchester equipment went the lowest on a L3800 after quite a bit of negotiating, only to back out. They backed out on the last verbal agreement we made over the phone Tuesday, and backed out on a writen quote done in May. In May I explained to the salesman I would try to come up with the cash to take advantage of the additional $1,000 rebate, and to avoid the Insurance Kubota requires that is $1,369. I kept in touch and now that I'm ready, I tried to do the deal. I swear the salesman has confused himself on his math in the quote! I kept walking him through the numbers and the rebate over the phone to no avail.
They have four L3800's of which two left have R4 tires and the ssqa bucket.
They can keep em!
At this piont I'm going to go to Woodstock tomorrow or Monday and get the L3200. I'm pretty sure they're out of the L3800 HST. They have the DT's though, if anyone in Virginia is searching for one.
Is there any dealers that you recommend, and/or had good experiences with?

Last edited:

UnionMan

Equipment
M5-111HDC12, L3800 HST , RTV-X1100C, SCAG TigerCat 61" Kawi FX Motor
Aug 21, 2013
Warrenton, VA
Rokee95 - I called around quite a bit last year and ending up going with McMicheals in Warrenton VA. He was the best price and also not too far from my property where I use my tractor. Not 100% on what he has in stock right now but give him a call. I paid $21k with the rotary cutter and all the same options you mention. Skid steer bucket, CC, HST, R4 filled tires (kinda wish I went with R1s) out the door. Cash price no tax. Since it was a farm purchase.

UnionMan

Durasmack

Jun 26, 2014
Chicagoland
Hi all!
This is what I've been able to find in my area.
What do you think?
I was hoping to get a couple of the smaller items thrown in....
Not a lot of L3800 inventory out there anymore!

L3800
W/ B77 BACKHOE AND AG TIRES $27,500.00
QUICK ATTACH BUCKET $ 1,000.00
FORKS $ 750.00
SNOWBLADE $ 3,250.00
CRUISE CONTROL $ 350.00
BUCKET LEVEL ROD $ 80.00
CANOPY $ 437.00
REAR WORK LIGHT $ 105.00
HANDLE FENDER $ 60.00
FILL REAR TIRES $ 350.00

TOTAL $33,882.00
Plus tax and $180 doc fee.

What do you experts think?

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
WOW. That was my list to Santa a couple years back!!!

You guys have seen my "Rescue Kubota" with the mashed hood.

My $.02... or, "The Used Option"

The guy I bought mine from had $27K in that L3800 HST with the front end loader -plus tax, I believe. He bought it with the KingKutter rototiller, box scraper, 66" rake, and roof ($800!). With 126 hours, and "a little dent on the hood" I paid him $19,200 for the whole kaboodle.

I talked to the nice sales guy at Bingham Tractor and he just smiled, telling me I "stole it for that." Hey, I spent a couple weeks of mornings and about $650 rebuilding the hood and roof but, despite a couple minor warranty issues I am going to get taken care of, this thing is a great little tractor. My buddy recommended the L3800 to me and I really appreciate the good advice.

As I mentioned on the thread that never ends, if your used tractor has under 150 hours, even if nothing has been done to it, it should be in top shape. If it is over 150, then even the least amount of service will keep it running nicely until you get it into a regular maintenance schedule. You can tell how a tractor has been treated by the condition of the exterior, just like a car.

The trick is, finding a decent used tractor!