L3800 Tractor tire defects???

Fishman1

Equipment
L3800fel
Jan 21, 2012
Maine
Got a quick question. Ever since I took delivery of my l3800 I have notice that the entire tractor is 1/4 inch lower on the right side. Initially I was concerned something was bent but the dealer is telling me it is probably variation in the rear tires. Dealer came to my residence, checked loader :confused mounting bolts, tire pressure etc......Pressures are dead on and the variation is uniform from back to front. It is equipped with r4 tires and you only can see this variation when it is on concrete. Dealer wants to come get it under warranty, possibly flip/change tires-just wondering if anyone else has seen this. Other than the neutral safety switch malfunctioning sporadically the tractor has exceeded all expectations (only 50hrs). Any advice would be appreciated.:confused:

Kingcreek

Equipment
Grand L3010 GST 4wd, LA481FEL, various attachments and accessories
Aug 3, 2011
NW Illinois
I could believe tires could vary by that much. Are you sure the concrete is level or flat?
You could jack it up and put the front and/or rear axles on jack stands of equal height and see where you're at. I probably wouldn't worry about 1/4".

maj_primate

Equipment
B6100 HST
Jan 6, 2013
Summerfield Florida
How did you determine it was 1/4" off? How do you measure that? If I was checking the tires, I would measure from flat surface to center of the axel or bottom of the rim on all and compare. The tires are not going to wear exactly the same anyway, so after some use they wont be the same .Kind of reminds me of the princess and the pea.

Last edited:

Fishman1

Equipment
L3800fel
Jan 21, 2012
Maine
I agree that 1/4" is nothing major...dealer suggested changing tires. Concrete is level as can be and how I determined the difference was by placing 4ft level on ROPS, main loader upright the measure the bucket cutting edge as it touches the ground. I need to talk with the dealer, rather get a few$ off another implement than try to get the1/4" which doesn't seem to matter....

Fishman1

Equipment
L3800fel
Jan 21, 2012
Maine
Just an update. I got my tractor back from the dealer and the loader is perfect. As trivial as it was all they had to do was swap tires and the machine set as level as can be.. Still has an issue with the seat safety switch, a new one is on order for install.