L3560HST Steering Wondering

JOR

Equipment
L3560HSTCC
Jun 24, 2016
Desbarats Ontario
The steering will not hold center. The tractor wants to turn towards to ditch. To hold center requires a SLOW constant turn on the steering wheel. Is this normal for a hydrostat tractor>

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
I have a 3560 HST and no I don't think yours is normal. You could check first your tire pressures, and also the hydraulic fluid and filter (because the steering mechanism takes the hydraulic fluid right after the filter to a steering controller.) In that gadget there is a centering spring so maybe that might be out of whack. If yours is still under warranty I would suggest getting a hold of your dealer. Did it always do it?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I think we have another case of "loose Nut behind the wheel"! :p:D;)

OK in all seriousness, No that's not right, you have a bad controller, or possibly a bad seal on the steering ram.
If it's under warranty get it fixed, if it's not either get the WSM and fix it yourself, or take it in and get it fixed! :cool:

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
I found a troubleshooting section in the WSM and it suggests in addition to the above 2 ideas that it might be
Air sucked in pump due to oil leak
Air sucked in pump from suction circuit
Insufficient bleeding
Improper toe in adjustment (you'll find that in your operator's manual)
Clearance between front axle center pivots and brackets bushings excessive
Tie rod end loose or worn
Steering linkage worn
Steering controller malfunctioning (replace).

The shop manuals for these are expensive, no free download, but seem to be helpful.

TripleR

Equipment
BX2200, BX2660, L5740 HSTC, M8540HDC and some other tractors and equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
May be Gremlins. My L5740 did this when I got it and I was sick, my L5030 had never done this. I called my service tech and he said he would check with Kubota as to "allowable specs" and asked me if I could wait. I was covered up, so I agreed.

I got busy around the farms, tolerated it then noticed on a road trip between farms, it had quit. It's now four years old and works as it should.

I would try it a while then ha e the dealer pick it up if it doesn't go away.

JOR

Equipment
L3560HSTCC
Jun 24, 2016
Desbarats Ontario
Thank you for the Information. I still have a bit of warranty. The local dealership is suppose to getting ahold of thier tech rep about this. The local maintenance supervisor says this is a new problem to him.

Rolling Stock

Equipment
L4350DT, LA950 loader
Jun 17, 2016
Othello, WA
The steering will not hold center. The tractor wants to turn towards to ditch. To hold center requires a SLOW constant turn on the steering wheel. Is this normal for a hydrostat tractor>
I understand pulling (tractor wanders to one side or the other without holding the steering wheel), but are you saying you have to continually steer the opposite direction in order to keep the tractor driving straight? If that is the case I would be looking at the steering orbital (not sure if that's what Kubota calls it) because hyd fluid is being sent to that steer direction without you commanding it (turning steering wheel).