L3560 vs L4060HSTC - width w/R4 tires

Working Dog

Lifetime Member
Mar 10, 2019
Catoctin
I am considering what Kubuta to add to the stable. This is mostly for maintaining fields, working in the woods and road maintenance (about 1 mile worth) including snow plowing. I have a B2710 that I bought new in 2000 that is very handy in the woods and the road but a little weak on the PTO side, especially when running on the hills.

My dealer insists that the the width both the L3560 and the L4060 with R4 is 71.5 inches. I have seen conflicting data and they currently don't have anything I can measure in stock. The Kubota spec sheet at least suggests the 3560 should be narrower (e.g. 59.8 inches overall vs 66.1 with(R1s I guess)). Can anyone confirm that the two tractors wearing R4's are the same width? Thanks.

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
Is there a 3560 that is that listed 59.8 inches? Because I have seen some with smaller diameter looking tires?

Last time I looked at the build and price site.....wasn't there different size wheels and tires you could get on the 3560?

Working Dog

Lifetime Member
Mar 10, 2019
Catoctin
Is there a 3560 that is that listed 59.8 inches? Because I have seen some with smaller diameter looking tires?

Last time I looked at the build and price site.....wasn't there different size wheels and tires you could get on the 3560?
Thanks much. That number is only in the brochure that I can find. I am beginning to think it is obsolete.

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
Well like you said Working Dog, the latest brochure says 59.8 inches.

I just don't know if the rims are adjustable or if there are different tire size options because like I said, I have seen one that has smaller wheels on it than most I have seen.

conropl

Equipment
L3560 HSDC
Oct 17, 2016
West Michigan
My L3560 is at about 72" with R4's also. However, the wheels (rims) can be flipped and changed for multiple different widths. I can see the width getting down to 59.8" with R1 tire and the wheels configured to the narrowest version.

Having said that... the L4060 has a bigger frame. The spec sheet shows the width of the L3560 to be 59.8" (min. tread) and the L4060 to be 66.5". So comparing apples to apples, there is a 6.7" difference in width between the two (there is a length difference also). The L3560 is the odd ball of the Grand L series because it is the only one with that small frame.

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

Working Dog

Lifetime Member
Mar 10, 2019
Catoctin
My L3560 is at about 72" with R4's also. However, the wheels (rims) can be flipped and changed for multiple different widths. I can see the width getting down to 59.8" with R1 tire and the wheels configured to the narrowest version.

Having said that... the L4060 has a bigger frame. The spec sheet shows the width of the L3560 to be 59.8" (min. tread) and the L4060 to be 66.5". So comparing apples to apples, there is a 6.7" difference in width between the two (there is a length difference also). The L3560 is the odd ball of the Grand L series because it is the only one with that small frame.

Thanks conropl.

I can see that the R1 tire could make it narrower and I think your "apples to apples" comparison is spot on. The dealer has told me that the L3560 and the L4060 are on the same frame but that just seems unlikely to me given the stated specs. Maybe he is a bit confused or maybe I'm looking at it from the wrong perspective.

I will ask him about flipping the rims to see if that might help in this case but I'm guessing from the input from other current owners that won't be the case. In any event, I'll probably be getting a few extra ponies which is never really a bad thing.

conropl

Equipment
L3560 HSDC
Oct 17, 2016
West Michigan
Definitely a different frame. As an example, I bought a used front mount snowblower for my L3560. The blower had about 16 hours on it and came off a L4060. The dealer had to order a new blower frame because the L4060 blower frame was to long for mine. Luckily he had another buyer for the L4060 blower frame... so he kept the cost down for me. It's good to have a dealer that works to help out his customers, and in the end it worked good for him as well.

I did not get the L4060 only be cause of the cost. I would have liked to, but could not justify the cost. In the end, I have the same loader as the L4060 with the same lift capacity. The one area I could use the extra HP is blowing snow. I just have to go a little slower at times to keep from bogging down; but with a 74" blower width, I think it does pretty good.

Working Dog

Lifetime Member
Mar 10, 2019
Catoctin
Definitely a different frame. As an example, I bought a used front mount snowblower for my L3560. The blower had about 16 hours on it and came off a L4060. The dealer had to order a new blower frame because the L4060 blower frame was to long for mine. Luckily he had another buyer for the L4060 blower frame... so he kept the cost down for me. It's good to have a dealer that works to help out his customers, and in the end it worked good for him as well.

I did not get the L4060 only be cause of the cost. I would have liked to, but could not justify the cost. In the end, I have the same loader as the L4060 with the same lift capacity. The one area I could use the extra HP is blowing snow. I just have to go a little slower at times to keep from bogging down; but with a 74" blower width, I think it does pretty good.

Thanks for that detail. The difference in the blower frame proves the point.

The L4060 with a cab is on the spendy side for certain. This is going to be my last tractor so I may splurge! Also, I can use the extra power on the hills when running the brush hog.

Thankfully, I don't have to deal with that much snow here. Most years we have 3-6 snow events, and like this year, most are less than 8 inches. It rarely sticks around over a week. Been using my bucket and 3-pt blade to deal with those events for way to long. The plan now is to add a 7 ft snow plow to the implement stable.

Billstr

Equipment
Kx033-4g
Oct 20, 2018
North Sydney
The l3560 would better better in the woods. I like the 3 cylinder over the 4. A few less hp but a bigger crank and piston setup.

Working Dog

Lifetime Member
Mar 10, 2019
Catoctin
The l3560 would better better in the woods. I like the 3 cylinder over the 4. A few less hp but a bigger crank and piston setup.

Thanks Bill. I am still debating which way to go. I am keeping the B which is a very nimble tractor in the woods. Naturally, I have to be very careful when I am dragging logs with it. Lots of power in that little machine, just not enough weight. The L3560 with the 805 loader may well meet my needs and be a few thousand buck less expensive.