l345 water pump housing leaks

cabhopkubota

Equipment
l355ss
Jun 8, 2015
Tucson
I have a L345 that I replaced the water pump on; but I see that it is the housing that is also leaking. It looks like a job to change the housing because the casting seem to intermingle. Has anyone changed the housing that holds the thermostat and water pump?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Need to know where it's leaking, because you are talking 2 different spots.
The gear case is where the water pump attaches to, and the thermostat housing is where the thermostat attaches, they are 2 different cases.

cabhopkubota

Equipment
l355ss
Jun 8, 2015
Tucson
Need to know where it's leaking, because you are talking 2 different spots.
The gear case is where the water pump attaches to, and the thermostat housing is where the thermostat attaches, they are 2 different cases.
Hi Wolfman, The thermostat housing is definitely leaking. I can see that the thermostat housing and gear housing are separate; but it looks like the gear housing has to be pulled to remove the water jacket housing? There is no water getting into the oil so I assume the gear housing is water tight. I have not found a good service manual for the L345 and my service manual for my L355ss is of course entirely different so it is no help on this matter. After searching my L355ss manual I could not find any information on the water pump, do Kubota manuals not in engine specifications? My main question is -does the gear case, harmonic pulley, basicly front of motor have to be removed to remove the water jacket case? I would assume that the water jacket would be only a dealer item and questionable if available. I would appreciate information form someone that has encountered this problem. Thank you, Cabhopkubota

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Go to kubotabooks.com and download the WSM for the l345.

On most models It's easier and quicker to remove the head if you can't get the thermostat housing off.
Most models it will come off it just takes a little work the right wrenches and some small hands!

cabhopkubota

Equipment
l355ss
Jun 8, 2015
Tucson
Go to kubotabooks.com and download the WSM for the l345.

On most models It's easier and quicker to remove the head if you can't get the thermostat housing off.
Most models it will come off it just takes a little work the right wrenches and some small hands!
Morning Wolfman, That information is what I was seeking. I can see the different castings; but did not know if the water housing could be removed without removing the gear casing. I did not even think about removing the head. I will download the WSM and parts manual for the L345 from Kubotabooks and find the water housing part to start my search. Thank you for the help.

cabhopkubota

Equipment
l355ss
Jun 8, 2015
Tucson
Wolfman, I haven't started that project of removing the thermostat housing. Looking it over the worst of what I think I see is a stud on bottom of the housing. I see 5 bolts and a stud. I went to my Kubota dealer to find out about the availability of the housing, it is still available ($115) with about a week order time. When I start that project I will try to remove it without removing the head, can always remove the head if necessary. My project now is deciding weather to rebuild or replace the lift cylinders on my L355ss L1720 loader. Since I don't know what I will see on the inside as far as damage to the cylinders I am toying with replacement cylinders. Bad part with replacements are the in/out ports are on one side of the cylinder and the pins are 1/8 larger than the replacements, either way it looks like a lot of work. Thank, cabhopkubota