L3400 HST 4WD snow removal issues

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Hai - Billdog350 really did nail it. Very well said. ;)

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
We should all play the lottery! The best solution would be TWO tractors :D ! One with a front snowblower and one with FEL and bucket and back blade. I use my bucket at least once a week and would not enjoy switching stuff back and forth, and don't think going backwards would agree with my neck for very long. 'Course then a bigger barn or garage would be needed. Might be cheaper to move to Florida :eek:

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Miami. Thats the place. Going to pitch a tent in the park near the bayside marketplace and put my name in for last minute rides on cruise ships.

All kidding aside, the blower in most cases is the answer for getting rid of the snow. I have an old single stage that is pretty much useless, thinking about home building one from a couple walk behinds left for dead.

Hai

Equipment
Kubota L3400 HST
Mar 2, 2014
Virginia
Hai - Billdog350 really did nail it. Very well said. ;)
I think so. Now I'll be looking for a good used or a new 5ft PTO snow blower or even a FEL blade if found at a good price. How good is the NorTrac snow blower? Is that stuff made in China? Thanks.

Billdog350

Equipment
Kubota L3710 HST,L2230A QT,forks,Takeuchi TB125, 60" Luck Now pto Snowblower
Jan 6, 2014
East Hampton, CT
You're better off finding some American or Canadian steel blower from the 1970's thru today. Parts can be found at Tractor Supply or the hardware store for everything but the gearbox.

I have a "Luck-Now" Canadian blower, and there are several other brands out there that are over engineered all 1/4" or 3/8" steel which serve as great counterweights when you're not blowing.

I can't speak for NorTrac or other chinese blowers. They likely work fine but may not hold up to abuse or frequent use, just like all Chinese stuff.