L3400 Engine Oil Capacity ?

Lex

May 11, 2009
Lexington, Texas USA
Hello - new to the board today.

I have a question about the engine oil capacity specs for an L3400 (non HS).
Manual calls for 6 qts with filter change. This weekend I drained all old oil, replaced filter, add 5 qts and run for 5 mins then let sit for 5 and check level and dipstick shows almost full - don't know if I should go by the dipstick or manual specs. Any clues as to my issue, don't think I am missing anything but I won't be surprised if I overlooked something obvious.

Thanks for any feedback!

Bug-O-1

Equipment
Fransgaurd-farming winch
Aug 19, 2012
Liberty Maine
I've been noticing the same thing when I change the engine oil in my (07) L3400DT. The manual + tractor forums all say 6qts., which puts the oil way over the top dot on the dipstick. Then I used the tractor and it seams to smoke a lot more than usual, so this time I drain 1 qt back out, now it's on the top dot and dosen't smoke as much. right now I'm trying to get A straight anwser from the Kubota dealer. Mayby after taking out 2 drain plugs, all the oil still dosen't come out, but 6 qts. sounds like a lot of oil in such a small motor to me.

Bluegill

Equipment
L3750DT Shuttle, L3800DT FEL both
Jan 11, 2012
Success Missouri
All the oil will not drain out of the engine. Fill to the full line on the stick.

What I'm trying to say, is the engine holds 6 qts, but you're not going to be able to get all 6 qts out. So you can't get 6 new qts back in, without over filling.

Last edited: