L3301 No Fuel Flow

PonyHollowFarm

Equipment
L3301
Aug 16, 2021
Guthrie, OK
I just purchased a 2018 L3301 with 200 hours on it. After cleaning the water separator, and opening the valve, I am getting no fuel flow. When I turn the key to the on position, I hear the fuel pump, but still no fuel flow. When I crank the engine, still no fuel. I have followed instructions to bleed the lines and still nothing. I suspect there is blockage between the tank and the separator, but I am unsure which line is safe to push air through. I am also unsure how to remove the tank or check the line going into the tank since it appears that fuel is drawn from the top of the tank via a pump. I would appreciate any help about what I am missing or what I can do.

The tractor died while I was mowing grass, with about 1/4 a tank of fuel. I assumed the incline caused the fuel level to go below the fuel line. After filling the tank, bleeding the line and cranking a while, it started, but ran only long enough to get back in the barn.

Last edited:

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
Remove the fuel line a the on/off valve and blow up thru the fuel line into the tank. Check for fuel flow then. There might be something, a leaf or some algae, that is blocking the flow of fuel. You may need to clean out the tank.

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
I just purchased a 2018 L3301 with 200 hours on it. After cleaning the water separator, and opening the valve, I am getting no fuel flow. I have When I turn the key to the on position, I hear the fuel pump, but still no fuel flow. When I crank the engine, still no fuel flower. I have followed instructions to bleed the lines and still nothing. I suspect there is blockage between the tank and the separator, but I am unsure which line is safe to push air through. I am also unsure how to remove the tank or check the line going into the tank since it appears that fuel is drawn from the top of the tank via a pump. I would appreciate any help about what I am missing or what I can do.

The tractor died while I was mowing grass, with about 1/4 a tank of fuel. I assumed the incline caused the fuel level to go below the fuel line. After filling the tank, bleeding the line and cranking a while, it started, but ran only long enough to get back in the barn.

Attachments

Reactions: 1 user

PonyHollowFarm

Equipment
L3301
Aug 16, 2021
Guthrie, OK
Remove the fuel line a the on/off valve and blow up thru the fuel line into the tank. Check for fuel flow then. There might be something, a leaf or some algae, that is blocking the flow of fuel. You may need to clean out the tank.
Can air be blown through the bottom of the separator (where the filter connects) or does the line need to be removed?

eserv

Equipment
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
Thanks for the diagram; very helpful. Does the fuel enter the separator by gravity or is it pulled in via the electromagnetic pump?
Because the fuel lines enter the tank near the top the fuel would have to initially be drawn in by the pump but once the lines are full it would likely flow freely to the separator if the fuel level in the tank is high enough

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
correct me if I'm wrong but on the L3301 and L3901, the fuel feed line comes off the bottom of the tank, no? Gravity feed. I think.

Seems like I remember having a few of them with no flow from the tank, leaf inside or junk or algae. Most of the time blow back through the line and then fuel would begin to flow. Take the cap off if you do this though.

eserv

Equipment
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
correct me if I'm wrong but on the L3301 and L3901, the fuel feed line comes off the bottom of the tank, no? Gravity feed. I think.

Seems like I remember having a few of them with no flow from the tank, leaf inside or junk or algae. Most of the time blow back through the line and then fuel would begin to flow. Take the cap off if you do this though.
Actually I think you are right! The fuel returns to the top but the outlet is on the bottom according to the parts diagram! I was going by the diagram I posted from the WSM which is a little misleading.