L3301 HST Sanity Check

Pilotray

Equipment
L3301 HST, Third function, 60"BB and 60" rake. 20' Bye-rite 14K trailer.
Nov 8, 2013
Molino, FL
Anyone priced one recently?

I've got a $20,301 quote for 4WD, Loader, SSQA, bucket and R4s.

It's the best I've found in NW FL but wondering if anyone has done any better.

Thanks,
Ray

kc8fbl

Equipment
2014 L3200 HST FEL, 1949 Minneapolis-Moline R
Aug 23, 2012
Gobles, MI
Seems about the going rate for them. It's that up here in SW Michigan.

Eray

Equipment
L2501 HST
Feb 24, 2015
Lenoir City, Tennessee
This place has what appear to be good package deals on L3301. Not sure about the quality of the implements and trailer.

http://www.sneadtractor.com/tractor-packages-kubota/results.php

You could try Barlows too.
The trailer in the picture is a Lawrimore. I sold about 25 new Larimores a couple of years ago. They are very good trailers for the money. I think the ones like shown in the picture were about $1600 with a brake axle. I think the paxkage deals are the way to go even if you don't need the trailer.

Pilotray

Equipment
L3301 HST, Third function, 60"BB and 60" rake. 20' Bye-rite 14K trailer.
Nov 8, 2013
Molino, FL
Thanks for the ideas. I'd had seen Snead before as they are couple hours away. After R4s and SSQA, $23,100 becomes $24,200 or so.

After looking, most dealers were within a couple hundred of the same price, so I drove to the local dealer who threw in a hat, some touch up paint and closed the deal, saving myself drive time and lots of diesel. I brought it home today.

I put two hours on it tonight and really enjoyed it. It is a great little machine. I should have done this two years ago when we moved in (and L3200s were 17K)!

Ray

peterc38

Equipment
L4060
Sep 12, 2011
Maine
Thanks for the ideas. I'd had seen Snead before as they are couple hours away. After R4s and SSQA, $23,100 becomes $24,200 or so.

After looking, most dealers were within a couple hundred of the same price, so I drove to the local dealer who threw in a hat, some touch up paint and closed the deal, saving myself drive time and lots of diesel. I brought it home today.

I put two hours on it tonight and really enjoyed it. It is a great little machine. I should have done this two years ago when we moved in (and L3200s were 17K)!

Ray
The rules are that you must supply pictures of a new tractor :D

Seriously though, congratulations. I had the preceding model to your tractor (L3200) and it was a workhorse.

Fro65

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3301HST, LA525, BH77, LP tiller, LP grader box, LP blade, BX2380
Dec 30, 2014
NorthEast Indiana
Congratulations, you are going to love it! They are very capable little machines. I bought mine in November but since I don't use it for snow removal, I have just started using it. 25 hours of grading drives and planting trees this past week. Flawless performance.

Don't sweat the regeneration thing like I did. When mine did its first regeneration at 20 hours, I just had to throttle up to about 2500 rpm and let it do its thing. I just kept digging with the hoe and the regeneration was over in about ten minutes.

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
Ray,

Looks like you got a great deal! ENJOY!

One hint: Get on those dopey shipping/manufacture decals right away with WD-40 or GooBeGone. Photograph them in place for future reference. Mine are mostly faded and I have tried everything to get them off to no avail. The previous owner let my machine sit outside for 8 mos and I am still paying for it!

Hopefully, you have a shed for yours. NuFinish once a year and lots of WD or light oil at the joints will keep it looking new for years and years.

Have fun!

Ray ("re-tard Pylut") :)