L3300 Clutch? And L into H issue

fkancir

Equipment
L3300
Jan 24, 2017
Limestone, Tn
www.k3m.us
So, onto the next. Just picked up this Manual shift L3300 a couple weeks ago, and I'm new to Kubota altogether. With that said, here are the two issues I'm having.

Problem, the first. In low first gear, forward and reverse, it seems as though the clutch isn't engaging all the way - It barely moves, and the throttle has to be all the way up. When shifting into 2-4th, again, forward and reverse, it doesn't move at all. I know it's pretty broad, but thoughts on where to start?

Second, it will NOT go into H at all. I can take it out of low, but it won't go into H, it just stays in N.

The two don't seems related, even as much as I don't believe in coincedence. lol.

Throw out any and all ideas you have, and I'll run them down. I appreciate it!

R/S
Frank

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
H-L issue could be directly related to failed clutch, once you split it to do the clutch you can manually spin the shaft and see if it want to go into high if not then is the time to jump into that section and repair the high low.

Note 90% of the time it a sticking linkage issue, so lube up all the linkage to the H-L, and work it a bit.

And when you do the clutch, do all 4 items at once, Pilot bearing, throw-Out bearing, clutch disk and pressure plate.

fkancir

Equipment
L3300
Jan 24, 2017
Limestone, Tn
www.k3m.us
H-L issue could be directly related to failed clutch, once you split it to do the clutch you can manually spin the shaft and see if it want to go into high if not then is the time to jump into that section and repair the high low.

Note 90% of the time it a sticking linkage issue, so lube up all the linkage to the H-L, and work it a bit.

And when you do the clutch, do all 4 items at once, Pilot bearing, throw-Out bearing, clutch disk and pressure plate.
Thanks a ton Wolfman. I just printed out the WSM yesterday, I'll be digging into that today, and trying to narrow things down. I'll start with your suggestions, and let you know what I come up with.