L3200 pto control cable

tempforce

Equipment
B2650HSDC
Jun 23, 2012
bastrop, tx
on the fender to the right side of the seat. there's a lever to engage/disengage the pto.
with very little use, this little cable has formed a weak area that bends when you try to disengage the pto. to make the pto shaft stop, you must straighten the cable to push toward the gear housing. or when you let out the clutch the pto will still be engaged.. very hazardous. when using a tiller/post hole auger, etc. there is not any improved cable available yet from the dealer/factory.
has anyone found a substitute cable that is a larger diameter that will hold it's shape. and not bend when disengaging the pto.
i'm thinking of a modified/shortened boat throttle/shift cable would work.
any suggestions appreciated...
thanks

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I would think that if you could fine a heavier cable with suitable ends that will work for you then why not change it.

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
Thanks for looking, is my idea o.k. Or does anyone have a better suggestion???
The cable is not designed to push the PTO out of engagement, there is a spring on the side of the transmission at the other end of the cable that disengages it by pulling the cable. That spring is probably broken.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
The cable is not designed to push the PTO out of engagement, there is a spring on the side of the transmission at the other end of the cable that disengages it by pulling the cable. That spring is probably broken.
Well now that would explain a lot! ;)