L3200 P/S freezes?

gpreuss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200DT w/FEL, K650 Backhoe, 5' Rotary, 40" Howard Rotavator, 6' Rhino blade
Oct 9, 2011
Spokane, WA
Finally I was home and we got a foot+ of snow! So I was out clearing the drive, and noticed several times that when I stopped, the power steering might not turn the front wheels! It seemed to work fine as soon as I got moving. The snow was warm and packable, but I have trouble believing it would freeze the tires down beyond the capabilities of the power steering. I dont recall ever having a problem with the old 185DT, with manual steering... The P/S works fine on dirt or concrete.
Any ideas?

firejunkie

Equipment
Kubota Mx4700 4w/FEL, Modern Ag cutter,Dirt dog Box blade and Rake, Custom forks
Mar 19, 2011
greenwood, SC
I am not sure bit I think the PS has a pressure relief and is it possible that the PS fluid was not warmed up enough yet to allow better operation? On my side of town equipment hyd steering and brake or any thing for that matter gets really slow in less than 30*f weather and takes (on some machines) up to 30min before you have full power again. Just a thought.

gpreuss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200DT w/FEL, K650 Backhoe, 5' Rotary, 40" Howard Rotavator, 6' Rhino blade
Oct 9, 2011
Spokane, WA
I had been plowing for a couple of hours, so it should have been warm enough. Outside temperatures were in the upper 20's...:( Thanks for the input.