L3130 Stalls in cold weather

MYLP1000

Equipment
L3130
Jan 14, 2010
monsey ny usa
I bought a L3130/hst in 2005 new, which now has only 230 hrs on it.
It has a engine block heater. I have no problem starting it, but as soon as i start moving (even after letting it run for a half hour) it sounds like a switch click and it shuts down. I makes the same switch sound as if i would get up from the seat. If I leave go of the hst pedal before it dies completely, it will go back to idling normally. I've tried this in low, med, high and diff different throttle levels. It sounds like some safety switch is shutting it down. Any Ideas?

GSDGUY

Equipment
L245DT
Sep 7, 2009
Daleville,In
I would guess that it is a safety switch . I dont have that tractor , but there can't be to many safeties. Start going through them one at a time could be the switch or a wire .

kub43393

Equipment
3400 DT
Jan 17, 2012
Chilliwack BC Canada
That's funny you say that GSDGUY......Im doing the very same thing tonight...-12C here in BC and nearly two feet of snow, and me dying to plow. Exact same problem.

did you ever find a solution? I am desperate!:(

kub43393

Equipment
3400 DT
Jan 17, 2012
Chilliwack BC Canada
Hey did you ever find a solution? I am doing that exact same thing right now. -12C here, two feet of snow, and i warmed up my 3400 dt and as soon as I take it out of neutral.....click....stalls. let me know....arg.:(

meanjean

Equipment
Kubota MX4700
Aug 10, 2010
Hazelridge, Manitoba
GSDGYU is on the right track.
Go thru all your safety switches.

Will the tractor run with the seat switch disconnected?
If so, unplug it and use as is until you have time to look it over properly.

Duff79

Equipment
L3130
Aug 23, 2021
Maine
Not sure if this is related but I had a clicking / chatering noise, then the L3130 would die. It was the fuel shut off solenoid failing. I was in the middle of a project so I removed it & made a temporary cover. Just had to get off the tractor & & shut it off with the manual lever on top of the fuel pump. Be careful around the fan blade when doing so.

Tractordoctor

Equipment
New Holland t2310
Sep 12, 2021
Green-pointe N-B
Maybe a seat that gets hard enough in cold weather to press on switch properly or a tool (hammer , screw driver etc jammed in the seat rail)it sound like a seat switch problem

Reactions: 1 user

BRUCER

Equipment
L3130-DT-F 2003
Aug 6, 2021
Sanilac County, Michigan
Not sure if this is related but I had a clicking / chatering noise, then the L3130 would die. It was the fuel shut off solenoid failing. I was in the middle of a project so I removed it & made a temporary cover. Just had to get off the tractor & & shut it off with the manual lever on top of the fuel pump. Be careful around the fan blade when doing so.
Same problem here. Replaced the fuel cutoff soleniod with no improvement. Ended up replacing the timer relay (under the instrument cowl) and that solved the problem. You may try jumping the solenoid directly to the battery through a 15 amp fuse. You'll have to take care on this but it is helpful to triage the components. Keep at it and you will succeed!

Reactions: 1 user