L3130 PTO issue

Rftlts

Aug 6, 2014
Duluth MN
Hello. I have a 2006 L3130 1900 hrs. I was just blowing snow with my Erskine pull blower. I found a log. The shear bolts on the PTO shaft sheared. But now the clutch appears not to engage properly. Loads down engine and fails to spin the shaft. Anyone experienced this before?
Thanks in advance

GBJeffOH

Equipment
L4060, EA Grapple, 6' LP Brush Hog, 8' snow plow, 6' LP tiller, EA Forks, Spraye
Nov 17, 2014
Jefferson, Ohio
Unhook the snow blower to see if the tractor is ok.

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Please clarify the problem.

There is nothing attached to the tractor pto shaft but the pto lugs the tractor engine when you release the tractor clutch?

Rftlts

Aug 6, 2014
Duluth MN
Please clarify the problem.

There is nothing attached to the tractor pto shaft but the pto lugs the tractor engine when you release the tractor clutch?
No. As I understand it. The L3130 ,2006 model year, has a independent PTO. So whenever the PTO is “selected “ with the engine running the PTO will engage and drive. The setup for the shear pins is different than what I’ve seen before. The pins are before the first u-joint where the coupling connects to the PTO drive. I think a broken pin got jammed up when I stopped the PTO causing the load when I tried to spin it. After I removed the shaft the drive spins freely without any load. It’s always fun to work in the dark. Literally and figuratively.
Thanks Loren