L3130 HST mid, & high travel issue

ferguson

Equipment
L3130
Jan 19, 2022
w.v.
I have the same isue as little fork farm / mid. gear & high full throttle on the road any small incline engine bogs down big time /parking break is definitely off/ p.s. tried it with brake ingaged basically will not move / as littlefork sead fine in low range / new to this tractor / not new to hydro. trans/ very interested in hearing from little fork on his same isue if you have cured the problum & how

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
If the engine is slowing in rpm's as the tractor slows and the parking brake is off, then it's probably a fuel delivery issue.
Any smoke?
If the RPM's only slightly drop it's either a worn / bad / slipping clutch disk,
or could be hydraulic fluid related.
When was the last full service and type of fluid used?

ferguson

Equipment
L3130
Jan 19, 2022
w.v.
If the engine is slowing in rpm's as the tractor slows and the parking brake is off, then it's probably a fuel delivery issue.
Any smoke?
If the RPM's only slightly drop it's either a worn / bad / slipping clutch disk,
or could be hydraulic fluid related.
When was the last full service and type of fluid used?
It was serviced befori got ?? / Think i will service all fluides & filters have a set of filters to have on hand / using Tractor sup. hyd oil only added about 2 quarts after third fun. install & grapple use / just a wow with little fork having same isue / same tractor ??

ferguson

Equipment
L3130
Jan 19, 2022
w.v.
It was serviced befori got ?? / Think i will service all fluides & filters have a set of filters to have on hand / using Tractor sup. hyd oil only added about 2 quarts after third fun. install & grapple use / just a wow with little fork having same isue / same tractor ??
Eng RPM drop to nothing / will stall if i let it / let up on peddle RPM increases

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
You are using the improper fluid. Go to your Kubota dealer and buy it there. Might (will be) be more expensive but you tractor will operate properly then. Ask for UDT2.

ferguson

Equipment
L3130
Jan 19, 2022
w.v.
You are using the improper fluid. Go to your Kubota dealer and buy it there. Might (will be) be more expensive but you tractor will operate properly then. Ask for UDT2.
Tractor sup. udt2 same a.s.t.m spec / no diff. aditive pack the same / have a gal. jug 1/2 full came with tractor of kubota udt2 reads word for word as Tsup. added the kubto hyd, oil because i had it /farmer frend has two 85hp kubotes using Tsup, or royal king for years ( All that said do you think it a hyd. problum or fuel)

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I know that Tractor supply says it's the same, but it's not, I've seen way too many issues because of that fluid, HST and GST's need really good fluid!
Spend a little more and get the right fluid and the right filter which is equally important!
I think you need to address both, Fuel delivery and fluid.
As it's not impossible to be fuel related and fluid related!

For the fuel issue remove to out put line off the filter and check flow then work your way back.
Also check that the jet start valve (bleeder on the side of the injection pump is closed and open bleeder will do exactly what your stating.

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
Eng RPM drop to nothing / will stall if i let it / let up on peddle RPM increases
That sounds like normal behavior. Perhaps, you are just expecting too much or you have some type of drag like brakes dragging etc. Are you pulling something or is it the bare tractor?

Reactions: 1 user

ruger1980

Equipment
L4310 w/La682, L225
Oct 25, 2020
CNY
Your issue is not related to fluids it is either low power/ fueling issues or you are asking too much from the machine. If heavily loaded you may have to back off on the HST pedal to maintain rpm's.

Reactions: 1 user

ferguson

Equipment
L3130
Jan 19, 2022
w.v.
I know that Tractor supply says it's the same, but it's not, I've seen way too many issues because of that fluid, HST and GST's need really good fluid!
Spend a little more and get the right fluid and the right filter which is equally important!

For the fuel issue remove to out put line off the filter and check flow then work your way back.
Also check that the jet start valve (bleeder on the side of the injection pump is closed and open bleeder will do exactly what your stating.
Don't know what hyd oil in it like i said it came with a gal jug of kubota oil so im assuming it has kubota oil in it has o, e, m filters also

ferguson

Equipment
L3130
Jan 19, 2022
w.v.
Your issue is not related to fluids it is either low power/ fueling issues or you are asking too much from the machine. If heavily loaded you may have to back off on the HST pedal to maintain rpm's.
Contacted prev. owner only Kubota Fluid / Have to ferguson TO20 50 vinrage will fly down the same road to my sons house in high gear /will not go full theottle gust to fast / hauling same impl. no loader there only 20 hp /the kubota is more then fast on the flat just boggs down on the inclines /changing fuel filter today will see if that helps

ferguson

Equipment
L3130
Jan 19, 2022
w.v.

Thanks