L2900f clutch pedal sticking when depressed

dieselhog

Equipment
L2900f FEL and all kinds of implements
Jul 24, 2016
Richmond Hill, Ga
Ok experts I need a little help. I got on my tractor saturday and the clutch pedal will not come up unless I manually pull it up with the toe of my boot. when you do this it operates fine, no slip. Over the past 5 years the pedal felt rough once in a while but it always worked until today. The only access I see to try and clean/lube the fork and shaft is thru the tiny split pin case drain underneath. Thinking about hosing this out with brake cleaner to try and get any debris out that might impeded movement soaking outside of shaft with PB blaster but geometry is bad to get this to help. It is a bad time to split the tractor and pull the shaft as I am building the shop it will one day live in...ideas and experience would be much appreciated.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Pulling the drain plug out the bottom won't do you any good.

You could have a broken pedal return spring, check it.
If not, you'll need to split it, pull the clutch and check / replace it.

Attachments

dieselhog

Equipment
L2900f FEL and all kinds of implements
Jul 24, 2016
Richmond Hill, Ga
I think the spring is ok. If I disconnect the linkage, it will hold the pedal up it seems that the pressure plate is not pushing the bearing back without some assistance. Not sure if it is more likely the shaft in the bellhousing or the bearing on the shaft casing the resistance. It is a bad time to split the machine so I am trying to find a temp fix for now....might have to add another spring to the pedal somehow

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Spray some penetrating oil around the shaft where it pivots to see if that loosens it at all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk