L2900/L3300 help needed

kyfarmin

Apr 3, 2015
Northern Kentucky
I’m curious if anyone has experienced an elusive leak like the one I’m facing. I have a fluid, I believe to be diesel because of color and viscosity, that is leaking from the right side just under the brake pedals.

The reason I’m confused is that the fuel lines seem fine. I’ve disassembled all the body work around the driver station and still can’t seem to find it. I’m afraid that I’ll have to remove the fuel tank which is a pretty involved job.

Anyone else been through this? Any suggestions to look into?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

kyfarmin

Apr 3, 2015
Northern Kentucky
Is it possible it could be the overfill tube?

No, I rarely keep more than 5 gal in it so it won’t get stale. Because of the cold weather I haven’t had it out in a while and the tank is empty.

I’m hoping that the bottom didn’t rust out but I have seen anything in my fuel filter bowl.

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
Check the crankcase oil level.

Diesel getting into the engine oil and now that it is holding too much liquid it is leaking in unusual places.

If crankcase level is above full, do not use tractor this way and report back.

Dave

kyfarmin

Apr 3, 2015
Northern Kentucky
Check the crankcase oil level.

Diesel getting into the engine oil and now that it is holding too much liquid it is leaking in unusual places.

If crankcase level is above full, do not use tractor this way and report back.

Dave

No fuel in the oil. This problem is occurring somewhere underneath the fuel tank, just above the transmission. It appears to run down the flange where the two bolt together.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Your options are rather limited, there is only one low outlet on that tank. ;)

Outnumbered

Equipment
Kubota L3901, FEL, BB1260, RCF2060, FDR2572, Titan Forks, Caryall, 5' Tiller
Oct 26, 2019
Moseley, VA
I don't know if yours is the same but the service interval or maintenance schedule calls out checking the fuel grommet on the bottom of the fuel tank every 100 hours on my L3901.

kyfarmin

Apr 3, 2015
Northern Kentucky
I've found the source of the leak. It's not my fuel tank. In the picture below, you'll see a short pipe leading from the hydraulic valve back to the transmission. The leak is where the pipe goes into the transmission itself.

Does anyone know if this can be fixed from the outside or does the trans have to be split? I bought the shop manual but I dont know what that pipe would be called to find it in the 650 pages...

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk