L2850 New Clutch not fully disengaging ?

Unwired

Equipment
L2850
Feb 14, 2015
Stanton, TX
I wanted to see if anyone had an suggestions before I get too deep into this.

I have less than 10 minutes on my new dual stage clutch in my L2850.

The problem is with the clutch linkage adjusted now to where the lever hits the gear case, the clutch is still not fully disengaging. is it possible that I didn't get the adjustment bolts on the ends of the fingers adjusted properly? other ideas?

Background info...

Bought the tractor with a bad engine
Replaced the engine with a V2203
New Clutch disk, Pressure plate, pilot bearing, through out bearing.
Flywheel resurfaced (first time tractor had been split according to original owner)

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I don't not have experience with your machine.....but

I have heard of clutch disks being placed on "backwards" and then not having the adjustment needed when in the wrong orientation.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
You need to check the back set on the flywheel, If I remember right the crank sticks out of the back out farther on the V2203 then it did on the v1702.
I know that there is an adapter plate that is required on the Bobcats when you swap from a the V1702 to the V2203. ;)

Unwired

Equipment
L2850
Feb 14, 2015
Stanton, TX
After taking the vent of the side of the clutch housing, it could have used a little adjustment on the bolts on the fingers of the clutch. Many of you will not approve of my methods, but there was no way I was splitting the tractor again (unless I absolutely had to). I removed about 3/32" of material from the point where the clutch arm touched the back of the clutch housing and another 3/32" from the clutch arm. It wasn't enough to disengage the PTO, but I'm more interested in using the loader for now.

The adjustment seems fitting for a tractor known to my family as Frankenbota. :D

rbargeron

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L5450, L48, L3250, L345 never enough attachments
Jul 6, 2015
western ma
It sounds like a part mismatch affecting the stack length from the crank flange to the fingers. Even if you grind the arm and housing enough to disengage the travel disk, it may not be possible to get the pto disk to disengage without splitting it again and correcting the fit. The only good news is that splitting it is usually easier the second time.

Last edited: