L2800 Heating Up.

TG63

Equipment
Kubota L2800/FEL, Bush hog, Box Blade
Jul 9, 2010
Hillsboro, Ky
Hi !
I'm not only new to the forum, but new to the tractor scene. I have been clearing some acerage with my L2800 and noticed the temperature gauge climbing as the day progressed. When I checked the radiator grill (front and sides) I notices that dust/debris had collected in the holes. I cleaned the debris out and it seemed to help with the problem. Does anyone know if there is something I can do to avoid this from happening or is this something I just have to keep an eye on?

Sam427

Equipment
L3410 GST, FEL, Bush Hog, Box Scrape, Spreader
Nov 6, 2009
Snellville, Ga. USA
Hi !
I'm not only new to the forum, but new to the tractor scene. I have been clearing some acerage with my L2800 and noticed the temperature gauge climbing as the day progressed. When I checked the radiator grill (front and sides) I notices that dust/debris had collected in the holes. I cleaned the debris out and it seemed to help with the problem. Does anyone know if there is something I can do to avoid this from happening or is this something I just have to keep an eye on?
There should be a screen on the front side of the radiator, if there isn't, someone must have removed it. If you are doing allot of mowing with debris in the air you might have to wipe the screen off twice a day.

If the screen is missing you need to wash the radiator out with a water hose and it would be best to blow it out with air when you are done. And of course replace the screen if it is missing.

TG63

Equipment
Jul 9, 2010
Hillsboro, Ky
Thanks for the reply SAM427.
I do have the screen intact and had to clean it twice while mowing, which seem to do the trick. Do they make anything that can be installed over the screen to prevent debris from collecting while allowing proper air movement?

Will In Tx

Equipment
L3400 HST/FEL, Box Blade, RTV 900 Camo, ZD323 Zreo Turn Pro Mower + More
Mar 21, 2010
Rosharon, TX. USA
If you carry a can of air that also will help clean the coils out.
But be careful not to bind them while blowing them out.
Remember to blow engine to intake out.
Never use water cause that will clog the very small pirtacles up in the coils then it is harder to get them out.
Good luck!

Sam427

Equipment
L3410 GST, FEL, Bush Hog, Box Scrape, Spreader
Nov 6, 2009
Snellville, Ga. USA
Thanks for the reply SAM427.
I do have the screen intact and had to clean it twice while mowing, which seem to do the trick. Do they make anything that can be installed over the screen to prevent debris from collecting while allowing proper air movement?
Not that I am aware of, that is the screens job for the most part. Just do like you have been doing and watch the temp gauge, when it starts getting hot, stop and clean the screen.

If they are your own fields, what may help a bunch is weed control, the fuzzy seed on allot of the weeds seem to clog it up worse than anything.

kuboman

Dec 6, 2009
Canada
Hi !
Its just a fact of life when it comes to any equipment. All radiator screens need to be cleaned regularly when working in dirty conditions.:D

TG63

Equipment
Jul 9, 2010
Hillsboro, Ky
Thanks everyone appreciate the help. Oh, and Sam427 you hit the nail on the head the field was riddled with weeds. Thanks again!

digdug

Equipment
L5240HST, loader, 6'brushog, boxblade, 100gal spayer, 8' graindrill, and more.
Jun 29, 2010
Carthage, MO
It's something you're just going to have to keep an eye on. I had the same issue with my L3230 when I first started trying to get the fallow pasture cleaned up, lots of those fuzzy weed seeds. Clean the screens early and often.