L275 lost all hydro today = $0.42 fix

olthumpa

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L275
May 25, 2011
Maine
For several weeks my hydro's have been getting weaker and slower to respond when the tractor was first started. Well, this morning they would not work at all so putting off digging into them any longer was not an option. The clue for me was the slow to respond when the tractor was first started. This led me to be leave it was a problem on the suction side. When I started to tear things apart I was going to replace the the suction hose and any o rings and seals I came across. Local dealer did not have any of the parts in stock so I went to the local Industrial Hardware. The only part that they had was o ring #5 below. (they had every size suction line except the size I needed) $0.42 later I left and figured I would put things back together and see if it was just the o ring. Turns out that if was the o ring that failed and now everything is working great again.

There has been a lot of posts lately about problems with hydro's. I thought I would post this, never over look the little things.