L275 - 1st fuel filter change, no spring under old filter

timsch

Equipment
'49 8N, L275DT
Jun 11, 2018
Houston, TX
I'm doing my 1st fuel filter change on my recently acquired L275. When I pulled off the filter pot, there was no spring under the filter. I'm fairly certain that without that spring, there is no good seal on the upper oring. The tractor runs fine now, but the pot was pretty gunked up, so I'd imagine that a bit of crap got past that filter and into the system.

What should I do now to clean out the system, other than get the right filter parts?

redmaher

Jun 23, 2016
US
I like to use seafoam in the fuel
I'm doing my 1st fuel filter change on my recently acquired L275. When I pulled off the filter pot, there was no spring under the filter. I'm fairly certain that without that spring, there is no good seal on the upper oring. The tractor runs fine now, but the pot was pretty gunked up, so I'd imagine that a bit of crap got past that filter and into the system.

What should I do now to clean out the system, other than get the right filter parts?
Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

timsch

Equipment
'49 8N, L275DT
Jun 11, 2018
Houston, TX
I use Seafoam periodically and agree it's good stuff, but with a case like this with a bad filter seal, it seems like something more may be in order.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
There really isn't much to do, it's either passed on any gunk that was passed through the filter or it hasn't.

If it running good with little smoke I wouldn't worry about it.