L260 Steering Ball and Tube Kit?

McRoth

Equipment
L260
May 22, 2018
Grafton, Ohio
I'm trying to just repair my steering now but I'm having a hard time finding anything for this model. I bought a Sparex ball & tube kit that I found on a youtube video, but it is slightly too small for mine. Does anyone know the part number for this model?

Thanks,

Mike

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
Search for posts by 007kubotaguy.

He has parted out many of the old L series and may no longer have steering stuff left but you will learn from his posts.

The Messicks price is serious $

forum L260 ball nut.jpg

Dave

McRoth

Equipment
L260
May 22, 2018
Grafton, Ohio
Well, since I'm having such a hard time finding this, although 007kubotaguy has one that I'm going to get anyway, I designed and made my own crossover tubes. First set didn't work but the second seems to work great!
20210904_201342.jpg
20210904_201349.jpg

Reactions: 1 users

Dab4933

Equipment
Digging, moving dirt
Sep 12, 2012
Westmont, IL. USA
I was having the same issue not being able to locate the Tubes and Balls for my manual steering box on my L260. I found them in stock at Southern Global. First I was thrilled to locate the tubes and balls then she told me they have kit with the bearings and seals. SBRK-K32240. I had them ship it out on Monday and I received it on Wednesday. Southern Global is located in southern Mississippi.

www.southern-global.com

I hope this helps keep your Kubota L260 alive!!!

Reactions: 1 user

McRoth

Equipment
L260
May 22, 2018
Grafton, Ohio
I was having the same issue not being able to locate the Tubes and Balls for my manual steering box on my L260. I found them in stock at Southern Global. First I was thrilled to locate the tubes and balls then she told me they have kit with the bearings and seals. SBRK-K32240. I had them ship it out on Monday and I received it on Wednesday. Southern Global is located in southern Mississippi.

www.southern-global.com

I hope this helps keep your Kubota L260 alive!!!
Thanks for the info!
Have you tried them yet? I'm a bit concerned because it says it fits the L210 & L240, I'm pretty sure those are the smaller balls and tubes.

Dab4933

Equipment
Digging, moving dirt
Sep 12, 2012
Westmont, IL. USA
Thanks for the info!
Have you tried them yet? I'm a bit concerned because it says it fits the L210 & L240, I'm pretty sure those are the smaller balls and tubes.
Yes, I called them first just asking for the specific ball size. They had a kit then said “let’s check it by model” I said I am sure you do not have my model but then they said yes it was for the L260. Yes, they matched and I used them and they worked great.