L260 lost power does not respond to throttle

Dab4933

Equipment
Digging, moving dirt
Sep 12, 2012
Westmont, IL. USA
My local Kubota dealer was not much help. I was able to locate expansion plugs that are 34.925mm and they worked great. Napa has steel 381-3080 or brass 381-9008. Pump is not back from being rebuilt so was easy access. (hope this helps someone else)
I got my pump back and the tooth / gap spacing is all the same. What I did see is a mark on the front of one tooth and I found a mark on the collar of the gear that was over a gap which I assumed were my timing marks and they were. I took a red marker and marked the entire top of the tooth and the mark on the gear so when I got the pump in (which is very tight to do) I could see they were aligned. I blead the air and it is running great again. Here are pics of the marks.

Attachments

Dab4933

Equipment
Digging, moving dirt
Sep 12, 2012
Westmont, IL. USA
I got my pump back and the tooth / gap spacing is all the same. What I did see is a mark on the front of one tooth and I found a mark on the collar of the gear that was over a gap which I assumed were my timing marks and they were. I took a red marker and marked the entire top of the tooth and the mark on the gear so when I got the pump in (which is very tight to do) I could see they were aligned. I blead the air and it is running great again. Here are pics of the marks.
I noticed the small holes below the freeze plugs and wondered why they are there? I painted the side of the engine just because I had clear access without the pump on. After running my L260 for about 5 hours I noticed a little oil seeping out of these holes which was more obvious because of the fresh clean paint. The oil is full and was changed about 10 hours ago. What is the purpose of these holes?

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Glad to hear that your tractor is running well again (hope that you did not have to spend too much on it)

Would you please post a photo of the area leaking? I think sometimes that Kubota would use smaller “freeze plugs” and they get loose or fall out.

Dab4933

Equipment
Digging, moving dirt
Sep 12, 2012
Westmont, IL. USA
Glad to hear that your tractor is running well again (hope that you did not have to spend too much on it)

Would you please post a photo of the area leaking? I think sometimes that Kubota would use smaller “freeze plugs” and they get loose or fall out.
These are the small holes that seep a little oil after running a long time.

Attachments

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
I tried to see that area on my L185 but could not see anything.

Hopefully someone will be able to assist or you may look at Kubota dot com illustrated parts list and see if you can find them.