L2550dt wont start

Emskofk

Equipment
Kubota l2550dt
Apr 16, 2022
Central valley california
I have set up a push button start so it does start. That meansthe battery is good and i have removed and cleaned the terminals and both ends of the batter cables. However when i try to use the ignition switch i can turn left and the glow plugs heat, turn right to on and the tractor runs if i use the push button start, but if i turn the key to start the only thing that happens is the dash lights dim. No click, nothing. I just replaced the ignition switch, a 90 dollar part, but it made no difference. Im trying to locate the fusible link and im thinking starter relay but I'm not sure. Any advice?

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
would need to see the wiring diagram
but...
you wired a PB switch...HOW ?? does it connect +12 to the starter relay CONTROL pin (small one) OR a big FAT cable from battery to starter motor power stud ??
If the first, then the problem is between the new ign sw and the starter relay....could be one of several 'safety ' switches or busted wire...

Emskofk

Equipment
Kubota l2550dt
Apr 16, 2022
would need to see the wiring diagram
but...
you wired a PB switch...HOW ?? does it connect +12 to the starter relay CONTROL pin (small one) OR a big FAT cable from battery to starter motor power stud ??
If the first, then the problem is between the new ign sw and the starter relay....could be one of several 'safety ' switches or busted wire...
I hooked it up direct at the starter. Hot to switch to solenoid. Looking for fusible link? Not sure where it will be. Thinking starter relay Too.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
The start signal is being interrupted by the Clutch pedal switch or the PTO switch.
It's not a fusible link issue as the only fusible link feed power to the switch not out of the switch.
The is also no starter relay on that model.

Reactions: 1 users

Emskofk

Equipment
Kubota l2550dt
Apr 16, 2022
The start signal is being interrupted by the Clutch pedal switch or the PTO switch.
It's not a fusible link issue as the only fusible link feed power to the switch not out of the switch.
The is also no starter relay on that model.
Funny you should say that. I just ohmed out the clutch switch and it is good. Fusible link as well. Not sure where the pto switch might be. So theres a switch that says the pto might be engaged and therefor will not allow the tractor to start?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Ohming the switch out sounds good, but a simple test light does a lot more for knowing it's actually getting and passing the signal on.

Looking on the schematic for that model there does not appear to be a PTO switch.

Forvols

Jan 28, 2017
Hawkins county TN
I have the issue on my L2501. Turn the key to start several times it will finally start. I think my issue is needing a relay in line with the battery n starter. Maybe your issue also. Looks this kit up, fits my symptoms to a T:
HD Switch Starter Relay Kit AM107421