L2501 or CK2601

Jaxksonvly

Jul 18, 2018
NEPa.
Realizing this is a Kubota forum. But I’ve narrowed my search to either the L2501HST with quick attach bucket and R4’s or the Kioti CK2610HST.
Best prices I have are: 2501- 18,200 and 2610-17,500, both delivered to my home.
What made L2501 owners go that route. Thanks.

beaterboss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901, LA525-FEL, BMLX-3164 3pt Blower, 72" Coteck Sno Pusher, 60" Box Blade
Feb 20, 2017
St.Francois,New Brunswick. Canada
Well. The 2501 had no DPF system on it. THAT was the selling point for me. But my 2501 was a total basket case right out of the crate. I traded it in for a 3901 after 103 hours, and many returns to the dealer with no acceptable results. I know of 4 other 2501's within a 25 mile radius of me who have also had similar problems, and the dealer can't seem to pinpoint the problems. Could be a dealer problem too. The guy who bought my 2501 lives about 25 miles away, I havent spoken to him or anything, but I found out that he brought it to the same dealer for the SAME ISSUES I WAS HAVING.... So they did NOTHING to the tractor from trade in to sale. I wonder if they will tell him that there's nothing wrong with the tractor......like they told me.

Several 2501 owners that I have encountered, have the same fuel delivery problem and electrical problems that mine had. Problems seem to start around 20 hours or so, but for me, it was 23 hours of "Break In" running before I started twisting it's horns a bit and asking it to do some work. Every time I would ask it to work a bit, it would sputter, and miss and eventually stall. It would fire back up ok, but would run rough for a minute or so at 1500 RPM before smoothing out. Then it would start to do it all over again. It also kept blowing the main 40AMP fuse for no apparent reason. So I wish the guy who bought the thing all the best of luck.

Now I know that Kubota makes high quality equipment, thats why I went with a 3901. I also know there are a lot of very satisfied 2501 owners out there. But I can also point out at least 5 very disappointed owners in my local area. (and those are just the ones I know of). Is it a dealer problem, or a manufacturing problem ?? I have no clue. But I doubt you would be disappointed with the Kioti either. I have a lot of friends who own different models of Kioti and are very happy with them.

degoniaorange82

Equipment
l2501hst, 5ft. tiller, box blade and finnish mower, subsoiler and plow
Nov 9, 2017
southwest indiana
I can't badmouth the ck...I don't know anyone who has one. But, with the lack of electronics on my l2501, and the way mine has performed, I wouldn't trade for anything. Will soon be doing the 50hr. service on mine, and would recommend this model to anybody that needs this size of tractor.

Beaudeane

Equipment
MX5800, LA1065, BH92, BB72X, RT72.40, EA 60 in grapple, county line auger
Mar 9, 2018
Dalton, Ga
Different model I bought but was comparing Kioti and Kubota when bought mine. Based purchase on how my dads tractor has been for him. I went same brand. Price on the two u lookin at is almost the same. I don’t buy based on resale value either but some do. I’m happy with my Kubota and my dealer. I’d consider dealer support more than a few hundred bucks. Ask customers coming in both places how the dealer treated them.

Mainah

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501HST, BLMX3164 blower, BB1266 box blade, BX42S chipper, Titan forks
Feb 26, 2018
Standish, Maine
I had the same decision to make and I went Kubota because of dealer support and parts availability over the long term. Kioti dealers in this area haven’t been around that long, and just don’t have a very good reputation.
I love my L2501, and it’s everything I wanted and then some. Having said that, the CK2610 has some very desirable features and capabilities. I don’t think you’d be disappointed with either as long as you have confidence in a good dealer.