L2501 Hydraulic Top / Tilt

CountryBoyCanSurvive

Equipment
L2501/BH77
Jan 25, 2024
Phoenix
Newbie here.

Have a 2020 L2501 with BT77 backhoe and would like to add the hydraulic top link and side link option for when using a box blade. I can only get a vague/generic answer from the dealer on what needs to be added. Since it has the backhoe connections what else needs to be added?

Thanks guys.

MtnViewRanch

Oct 10, 2012
Lakeside Ca.
Control valves-rear remotes of your choice. Factory or 3rd party and the hydraulic top & side link cylinders with hoses & couplers. Just be sure that any of the 3rd party stuff is compatible with the backhoe installed.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Newbie here.

Have a 2020 L2501 with BT77 backhoe and would like to add the hydraulic top link and side link option for when using a box blade. I can only get a vague/generic answer from the dealer on what needs to be added. Since it has the backhoe connections what else needs to be added?

Thanks guys.
Two rear remote valves with outlets and the TNT cylinders. Is that specific enough or are you looking for Kubota kit numbers?

Dan

CountryBoyCanSurvive

Equipment
L2501/BH77
Jan 25, 2024
Phoenix
If you could supply those, that’d be great!

I guess I’m trying to determine: am I ahead of the game because of the connections for the the backhoe, or am I having to start from square one like a non-backhoe equipped version?

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
If you could supply those, that’d be great!

I guess I’m trying to determine: am I ahead of the game because of the connections for the the backhoe, or am I having to start from square one like a non-backhoe equipped version?
I dont have part numbers but they should be easy to find. If the dealer cant quote them he is worthless.

Two factory valves with outlets will run you better part of $2K.

The cylinders will be supplied by Landpride.

Then its just a matter of bolting things together. Pretty easy install.

The backhoe buys you nothing.

Dan

CountryBoyCanSurvive

Equipment
L2501/BH77
Jan 25, 2024
Phoenix
I dont have part numbers but they should be easy to find. If the dealer cant quote them he is worthless.

Two factory valves with outlets will run you better part of $2K.

The cylinders will be supplied by Landpride.

Then its just a matter of bolting things together. Pretty easy install.

The backhoe buys you nothing.

Dan
The dealer is worthless!

Thank you much for the input!

Last edited by a moderator:

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Call the dealer and ask for sales not parts. Tell them you want to buy the whole goods kits for first and second position remote valves. It will be four, possibly five separate kit numbers. If they cant tell you the numbers I can find them.

The Landpride kit numbers can be found on their website.

Dan

Last edited:

Gaspasser

Equipment
L6060, FEL, forks, front snowblower. KX033 mini ex. Dump truck, Husqvarna saws.
Dec 16, 2023
NH
On the topic of top and tilt options..... I have new tractor (L6060) with one rear remote installed which was intended for future hydraulic top link. Considering adding option for tilt as well. So... do I get a second remote kit or do they make a diverter switch/ valve to switch function of the one existing remote between top and tilt functions? If the 2 options exist, which is better or cheaper?
I am not a professional mechanic but am reasonably handy with tools. Is installing this myself a reasonable challenge or should I cough up the $1000-1500 to have the dealer do it? Thanks.

MtnViewRanch

Oct 10, 2012
Lakeside Ca.
Would a float feature be a benifit to you? If so, you need to get the factory Kubota valve option.
If not, a diverter, manual or electric would be less money and work just as well, probably even better if you get a decent diverter.

Picture showing a triple diverter set providing 4 sets of couplers with a single control valve.

Attachments

Gaspasser

Equipment
L6060, FEL, forks, front snowblower. KX033 mini ex. Dump truck, Husqvarna saws.
Dec 16, 2023
NH
Would a float feature be a benifit to you? If so, you need to get the factory Kubota valve option.
If not, a diverter, manual or electric would be less money and work just as well, probably even better if you get a decent diverter.

Picture showing a triple diverter set providing 4 sets of couplers with a single control valve.
Thanks Mtn. Appreciate the feedback. I'll have to do a little more digging to figure out what I need.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Thanks Mtn. Appreciate the feedback. I'll have to do a little more digging to figure out what I need.
Adding a second OEM valve with outlets is roughly $800 and an easy install. . You would need a valve and a second position stacking kit. If I were in your position it would be a quick decision.

Dan

Last edited:

Tarmy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2800, BH76A, FEL,box scraper
Nov 17, 2009
Lake Almanor, Ca
I added the valve block up where I could control from the seat. I plumbed it off of the rear backhoe lines when the are not being used for that. Works fine using aftermarket parts.

OP…I sold my once used box blade to a neighbor and have the two new rams and hoses I can make you a deal on if interested. You would need the hoses to the valve block and use mine to the rams. PM me if you are interested. I can send pics and details when I am back up where my tractor is in a few weeks if you are not in a hurry.
IMG_1902.jpeg
IMG_1896.jpeg