L2501 3 point wont raise.

Woodstuck

Equipment
L2501
Apr 29, 2019
Hammonton
I have a l2501 with a loader and backhoe bought new in the fall. Today I took the backhoe off for the first time to use the 3pt hitch and the hitch will not raise. I have reconnected the lines in the back a couple of times and that has not fixed it. I can easily move it up and down as if it is stuck in float. Any ideas on how to fix as I have no easy way to get it to a dealer.

Lennyzx11

Equipment
L3301
Dec 18, 2015
Bennington Vermont
“Reconnected the lines in the back”
You mean put a connection hose between the two connections that go to the backhoe?

There’s a valve under the front of the seat that opens/closes the three point speed. Possibly closed since never have used it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Woodstuck

Equipment
L2501
Apr 29, 2019
Hammonton
The fel works fine and I have turned the lowering speed valve in both directions. The position control and feedback linkages appear to work ok. I even rolled the backhoe over and reconnected the rear lines to it to confirm I wasnt just getting a bad connection at the fitting. I do know when the dealer had originally dropped it off the 3pt was raised with the backhoe on so I lowered it then. There is also no noise when the lever is moved. The wsm says possibly a bad position control. valve.

Woodstuck

Equipment
L2501
Apr 29, 2019
Hammonton
So the dealer is sending out a service truck tomorrow which is great. It appears 2 lines off the hydraulic block are crossed up. When I try and raise the 3pt while moving the curl up and down on the fel the 3pt will raise. Hopefully nothing has been damaged while the lines were crossed.

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
Not uncommon. Dealer tech who assembled the tractor, loader, and backhoe got in a rush. When the power beyond and pressure hoses are installed backwards, 3ph won't work. Done it myself dozens of times. Why? Instructions for installing the loader have the hoses labeled green, gray, and IIRC orange. They come preinstalled (but loose) on the FEL valve, so all you have to do (supposedly) is match the colors and go with it. Well that's great as long as the manufacturer puts the correct hoses on the correct ports of the FEL valve. A lot of times they're in the right places, but they painted the colors incorrectly on the hose fittings, so when tech attaches to the tractor, 2 are backwards. I've taught all the other techs doing assembly to always check the 3ph to see if it works after a FEL install. If not, switch the hoses. It's an easy thing to do (screwing it up and fixing it). Being switched won't hurt anything in the system, either, aside from making an owner lose confidence in their selling dealer. But trust me, from a dealer's standpoint, we aren't perfect either. I wish we were and we certainly do our best to try, though.