L245DT with FEL

South

Equipment
L245DT
Feb 22, 2011
ohio
Just picked up a L245DT with FEL and only 651 hrs. Any owners out there have any advice on things to watch out for and/or operating advice.

Thanks

brunswick000

Equipment
Kubota L245DT
Feb 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
I don't actually have one, would love to have one for 245 though. I was told by another member here while researching that loader that the original bucket attached to the loader in such a way that you needed to have it raised about 2-3' off the ground to ensure you didn't spill its contents as it didn't tip the bucket back adequately enough.

Also does yours have its own pump. This was just discussed in another thread to some extent here:

http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3794

Otherwise do a general search for "L245DT" and you'll find quite a bit of good info on the tractor itself as well as the loader. Check your pm for some info ill send you that you should find useful.

Cheers

South

Equipment
L245DT
Feb 22, 2011
ohio
The FEL runs off the tractors pump and so far is working great. As far as not tipping back far enough, I hauled a couple decent loads of firewood last night and never dropped any. Im pretty sure the FEL is not Kubota though, if it is, it has been painted black. The original owner had it installed, and the second owner didnt know what brand it was and I havent had an opportunity to really look it over, but I think its a koyker brand. The only thing i would change on it is it has two joysticks to operate instead of one.