L245DT posi locked

Rburke65

Equipment
FEL, Woods mower, rear blade
Feb 24, 2016
Canfield, Ohio
Hi folks! As the title says, I have a L245DT and the rear is locked in the "posi traction" position. Been that way for about a year but the tractor itself gets little use. Any hints or fixes for me and you would have a friend forever! Also, a month ago I had an issue with the one cylinder of the FEL bucket. Had the cylinder rebuilt, new rod, etc., reinstalled. While cylinder was at the hydraulic shop, I drained the UDT oil, so I could pull the SS hyd. tube filter. Just trying to do a little maintenance while waiting. Filter looked ok. Cleaned it...blew it out...reinstalled. Cylinder was back and I tried out the FEL....works. BUT....always a but......my rear mower will not raise. Fool with the adjustment beneath the seat and tried to exercise the FEL as I'm fooling with the 3 pt lever, but nothing. Any help is more than appreciated. Thanks ever so much.

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I sent you a download link for the WSM, that will help cover the Diff lock issue.
As far as the three point, if it worked before you drained it it should work again, sounds like it's air locked, just cycle the valve while running, some of these are stubborn and take a little time to get the air out.

Rburke65

Equipment
Feb 24, 2016
Canfield, Ohio
North Idaho Wolfman......thanks for the advice on the 3 pt. lift. For some reason I cannot open the WSM on my iPad. I'll keep trying.

Rburke65

Equipment
Feb 24, 2016
Canfield, Ohio
I discovered this is called a "locking differential" rather than a "posi". Still learning. Thanks.

Last edited: