L245DT Front End Loader need cylinder

Lenny

Oct 11, 2015
Newton,NC,US
I posted the other day that I needed to rebuild a lift cylinder on my tractor, well I took the cylinder apart today and the shaft has a deep groove almost the entire length. Don't believe it's repairable. the cylinder bore looks to be okay . The collapsed length of the cylinder is 34 1/2 in.from center to center of the mount pins. The mounting pins are 1 in ID and the shaft looks to be 1 3/8 in in diameter. Anyone have any thoughts. I'm am leaning on replacing the other side at the same time, seems as though a new or freshly rebuilt on one side would end up taking out the other.

Rburke65

Equipment
FEL, Woods mower, rear blade
Feb 24, 2016
Canfield, Ohio
Is this for the arms or the bucket? At 34" I'm assuming the lift arms? I just had one for the bucket rebuilt and I had to buy a new rod at $160.

Lenny

Oct 11, 2015
Newton,NC,US
That is correct, it was a lift cylinder. My shaft is damaged also so I think at the least it would need to have a new shaft. Where did you get this repair or did you re-seal it yourself and install the new shaft ? Plus I'm thinking that I should rebuild the other side at the same time !

Rburke65

Equipment
FEL, Woods mower, rear blade
Feb 24, 2016
Canfield, Ohio
My cylinder was for the bucket. I got the rod for the cylinder and ordered through a local Kubota dealer. The dealer could not address the cylinder issues and recommended a local hydraulic company that did repaire and reassemble the cylinder. I have not operated it under load yet but it is operating now.