L245DT 3-point won't lift

dwaineclark1

Equipment
L245DT
Mar 3, 2017
DRY PRONG, Louisiana
I've read several threads on here and other sites about this problem and have got some really good tips. Unfortunately, my problem is still there and I can't seem to find a thread with a solution to my specific situation. I'm hoping someone can help me out. Here are the details:

My three point will not lift any weight. In fact, it can be stopped by holding it with my hand.

It will raise very slowly with no weight but only at 2500+ rpm.

Once up, it will stay up, even with the weight of a box blade on it. I can use a jack to lift the box blade up and it will stay as long as the control lever is in the up position or the relief valve is closed.

I have power steering that is run from the same system under the seat and it works perfectly.

I do have a FEL but it has its own tank and pump connected to the front crankshaft extension.

I have removed and cleaned the filter screen at the bottom left.

The hydraulic fluid is about a year old, has good color but does show some small bubbles on top.

I have removed relief valve and o rings are good.

I have removed the spring and plug from the control valve and the rings there are good too.

I have removed and cleaned out the vent pipe.

No whining, squealing or any unusual noises from the pump or anywhere else in the system.

I don't know what else it could be other than the cylinder or the pump and I'm not sure about the pump since my power steering is fully functional.

Update....
Just flushed the case and refilled with new Trans-Hydraulic fluid. Cleaned the filter screen. Still no luck. Anyone have any ideas?

Last edited:

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Did it work and stop suddenly or stop working over time? Or is it new to you and just doesn't work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dwaineclark1

Equipment
L245DT
Mar 3, 2017
DRY PRONG, Louisiana
Not new to me, been in the family since new in the late 70's. It worked fine until a couple of months ago after it sat unused for about 3 months. Didn't degrade over time as far as I could tell.