l245 will not run

jjb

Equipment
l245
Sep 6, 2010
sunshine nc
Just got a l245 will run about ten seconds but very rough. Checked oil looks like fuel has got in it when I turn key I here nothing click please help first kubota

sambo30

Equipment
L245DT
May 29, 2010
Clinton, MO
JJB, need a little more info.

Are you saying that your tractor will start, but runs rough and shuts off after a few seconds?

Have you made sure it has fuel, bled the lines (two places), checked easily reachable electrical connections to make sure they are tight and generally cussed it out (sometimes that works)?

As for the key, I thought that all the key did was to energize electrical systems (main power & lights). What noise were you expecting with the key turning?

jjb

Equipment
l245
Sep 6, 2010
sunshine nc
Will start but runs very rough if it does run. My first kubota how do you bleed the fuel lines. Thanks for any help.

jjb

Equipment
l245
Sep 6, 2010
sunshine nc
Took fuel lines off and kept turning tractor over never saw any fuel coming out of injector pump

sambo30

Equipment
L245DT
May 29, 2010
Clinton, MO
Did you bleed at the top of the fuel filter assy.? The pump bleeder is the next one. Then if you are questioning things, go ahead and do the injectors. At the last step, if you don't have fuel out of the injector lines, then there is your problem. Now what is the root cause?

Crap from the bottom of the tank got into the filter and clogged it up? Filter just old and clogged and needs to be replaced? Or is it the pump?

Hey Vic!!!! How about a rebuild video on fuel pumps?

Easiest thing to do is to replace the fuel filter which probably hasn't been done for awhile. Disconnect the line to the filter and make sure there isn't any crap coming from the tank to clog the new one. I don't normally like just replacing parts until something is fixed, but there is only one part between the tank and the pump and it should be replaced periodically anyway.

---- Aside questions ----Did this just start happening or has it always done this or did you just get this tractor and this is the first problem to hop onto the table and introduce itself?

jjb

Equipment
l245
Sep 6, 2010
sunshine nc
Thanks for all the feedback just bought this tractor first kubota got a new filter about to put on. If that don't fix it I will be back on here

jjb

Equipment
l245
Sep 6, 2010
sunshine nc
Put on new filter bled lines still nothing took side cover off of pump turned tractor over seen everything turning over on the inside. I am stuck do not know what to do I know nothing about the pump except 750 from the dealership