L245 Tachometer and cable replaced but still not working...

LSF5181

Equipment
Kubota L245
Jun 23, 2016
Solsberry, Indiana, USA
My L245 tachometer didn't work and tach cable was seized. Since the tach light and charging/oil pressure lights were not working either I decided to 'do it right' and go ahead and replace the tachometer too (the tach only had 625 hours on it when it stopped working way back when) However, I still have a non- working tachometer. Not sure where to go from here and I'm suspecting that the cost of going further just to see my RPMs will be more than I care to spend but I'd appreciate any insight/advice from somebody who knows more about it than I do.

thanks in advance,

LSF

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Check the controller on the front of the motor where the cable hooks too. There should be a spade that spins. It's a little gear driven unit, and with the cable seizing, it could have stripped out the gears.

You can get the part number off kubota.com, in the parts section. I replaced the one on my l1501. I did have to modify the spade that goes into the end of the camshaft on the injection pump in order to get the new one to work. But that was just sleeving it with a piece of copper water pipe. And then crimping it flat :D