L245 dt pto

Jim Dandy

Equipment
L245DT W/Loader M8030DT L275DT
Hello All
I have a L245DT that the PTO makes a screech when I let the clutch out. Some times it stops. The tractor moves just fine.The oil is OK. It has 1000 hours on it.Any Ideas.I mow and rotor-till with it.
Thanks James

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Sounds like you have damage or failure of a bearing or gear.

With the tractor and PTO not running grab the shaft and see if you get any play out of it, if that doesn't expose anything, then with it running, run the PTO with no load and see if you can isolate the noise, front, middle, back.

Then you will need to tear into it.
Do you have the WSM (AKA service manual)?
I'll send you a link to download a copy, just in case you don't have it. ;)

Last edited:

Jim Dandy

Equipment
Hello All
Well I go time to open me tractor up. It looks like its the one way clutch or aka over run clutch. Does any one know were I may find a used one. It is in bad shape inside. This tractor has done a lot of tilling in its life. Thank you for you help.
James

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
That model of tractor has a n odd and rare one way clutch, most Kubota One way clutches are cams, yours has a true one way clutch, you should still be able to buy the parts to rebuild it. ;)

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Sadly I think your chances of finding a good used unit for it are going to be as tough as finding a unicorn. :(
You could try West Kentucky Tractor Parts:
http://wkytpstore.com/

That model of one way clutch was only used on a few models, and you can't change it over to the other style of clutch.

Jim Dandy

Equipment
Thank you wolfman
North Kentucky doesn't have anything. Does any one know of any one in California that sells used kubota parts. I called several places and no luck. Some day it's going to stop raining and we are going to need this tractor.
Thank you James

Milo Holroyd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 L245DT w/1700 FEL, 2003 L3130 HST,w/ LA723 loader,,and L2174A snowblower
Just a thought..........can the internal over running clutch be made to drive without the clutch mechanism? That could save some money, and you could still use an external over running clutch.

Jim Dandy

Equipment
Hello All

Thank you Wolf Man for your help. I found a guy here in California Part out lot of older Kubota L series. Got a good used over run PTO clutch for a good price.
Tractor is up and going.
Thank You James :):):eek::eek: